Close

This printer is wearing me out

I had not touched my printer for almost a week. Had a busy week at work. Was wanting to improve my finish and work to get a couple small things knocked out and then get it all set up for auto bed leveling, and work to make enhancements beyond my standard out of the box stuff. Now for all of the problems.

1. Went to clean the glass and found two large chips in the glass. No one knows where that happened. Guess I am going to get a new piece.
    2. I went to print off one of the two small parts that needed printed and sure enough it had lost the Z and it was really giving me a case of the "Dumb butt!" Took me about an hour of starting over to go in and get it to run again without getting all lost.
    3. By this time I thought all was good and I went to print and see if it was all set again, and sure enough the nozzle was clogged.
    4. Finally I got it printing again and thought, well all is good. Lets just get these parts started to print so I have them by Monday when I need to drop them off to our Construction Manager. (It is a pair of bead lock rims for one of his RC. He wants to see them before I go and start printing his trailer. I like printing scale RC parts fr people that have money) Great it is starting to print.

Just pulled out my servo and was going to assemble the switch and servo and try to get all ready to go for the auto bed leveling. Sure enough.... Servo does not fit, nor does the horn for the servo fit the arm. Lucky for me the guy at the RC shop said if it does not fit, just bring it back and we can find what you need. They are closed today however so this part is just going to have to wait. Once I get this project out of the way I am going to try to do the auto bed leveling, a better Z stop so it will not get lost, and hopefully follow a couple of the threads on here about how to make the printer perform better. I have to get this all out of the way real fast as I have a couple of models on my desktop that are ready for printing for printing scale homes. My work is really ready to see them and looking forward to seeing them. They want to make sure that they are as cool as they expect them to be and then they will be buying sets of homes for our neighborhoods, for our design center, and then for our office. I could have a year worth of printing each night large sections of homes to get this project complete. If all goes well that is. Just have to get this thing more reliable before I make any promises on delivery time.

I want to send out a special thank you to all of you on here that have been helping me to get this printer up and running fast, and able to be reliable enough to print some parts for guys at work. It is really cool working with a bunch of guys that are into RC stuff that want parts. Atleast it keeps me in PLA while I work on the printer, and it is fun for me. Hope each of you is having a better weekend, and that your printers are working for you as well.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachout View Post
    Just pulled out my servo and was going to assemble the switch and servo and try to get all ready to go for the auto bed leveling. Sure enough.... Servo does not fit, nor does the horn for the servo fit the arm. Lucky for me the guy at the RC shop said if it does not fit, just bring it back and we can find what you need.
    If you need an adjustable servo mount that will work with the i3 and i3v, look here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:167440
    Here's an adjustable horn mount/Z-Probe holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:167430

They both contain the OpenSCAD files for them, so you can make some adjustments to fit your configuration. I found these from a video created by a YouTubed named ZennmasterM. Subscribe to him, as he does some printing videos and reviews new products. He also has a 3 part guide on setting up the auto bed leveling. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOg...rgO21NNFSd6q6Q)

Once I get this project out of the way I am going to try to do the auto bed leveling, a better Z stop so it will not get lost, and hopefully follow a couple of the threads on here about how to make the printer perform better.
    Have you seen Clough42's improved endstop mounts? He's a member here, if you didn't know. He's made a lot of useful parts for the i3v, including an improved extruder block. You can find the improved endstop mounts here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:336665 (That's just the Z one, check the description of the part for the rest of them).

Atleast it keeps me in PLA while I work on the printer, and it is fun for me.

Maybe you should be printing in ABS. I find that it does better than PLA on my i3v.

I have ZennmastersZ site bookmarked, have watched all his video's and those are the parts I printed. I just need to get the correct servo. I got one from a local RC shop as I am working with a guy there that I might be making parts for. Want to just take the parts into him to get the correct servo I need and the horn is a freebee when I stop in. It is not too far from on my way home from work.

Rims are coming out nice tonight. I need to get with the guy at work to get the tires, and then I can work on the modifications on the trailer design so I can get it the way he wants it. Sure is a fun little hobby that is about to start paying for parts for the real racecar.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    Rims are coming out nice tonight. I need to get with the guy at work to get the tires, and then I can work on the modifications on the trailer design so I can get it the way he wants it. Sure is a fun little hobby that is about to start paying for parts for the real racecar.
    That's amazing. Just goes to show how useful a 3D printer really is.