Close

Kwambio 3D Design Platform to Launch in October

There is already an overwhelming number of 3D model marketplaces online. Some of them are free, while others will cost you a bit. One company, based in New York called Kwambio will be one of these paid marketplaces. With that said, they will provide, upon launch, all sorts of advantages to their customers and designers.

One such advantage is that they guarantee that all 3D printers turn out just how you want them. Additionally they will be offering users tools for editing the models within their browser prior to printing. For designers they protect their designs from piracy by only streaming the design files direct to a user's 3D printer. More details on Kwambio can be found here: http://3dprint.com/13552/kwambio-platform-3d-models/

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I'd love to get excited, but it's just not possible anymore. So many 3d markets now, its mind boggling... I am concerned the flood will come at a price later on down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'd love to get excited, but it's just not possible anymore. So many 3d markets now, its mind boggling... I am concerned the flood will come at a price later on down the track.
    I agree, I think 3 years from now at most, only a few healthy ones will still be there and the others gone or not very lively. I'm pretty sure the remaining ones will be the ones with advanced curation methods and proof of print features.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Give it a chance! There are many 3d markets now, but where can you find useful pieces for home decor, etc. And the most important thing is a customization of products.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I'm pretty sure the remaining ones will be the ones with advanced curation methods and proof of print features.
    Yeah, you are definitely right! It's important to verify 3D models for different printers, and also offer different customization options. We work hard to bring this experience of creation unique products to you

Kwambio’s success continues to grow before they’ve even actually released either their 3D printing platform or their Unique One 3D printer. Having just joined forces with the Techstars Boston A​ccelerator Program with a session just started and running through September, they have also received $650,000 in angel funding from both Techstars and outside sources. This funding will help them with the upcoming launch of the Kwambio 3D printing platform, as well as the release of the Unique One 3D printer. Read more about the latest from Kwambio in the full article: http://3dprint.com/72421/kwambio-techstars-funding/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Kwambio’s success continues to grow before they’ve even actually released either their 3D printing platform or their Unique One 3D printer.
    Come on I can't be the only one who finds that more than a little dubious.

so what's angel funding ?

And how do i make up a company and get some ;-)

And when they release footage of their printer actually printing at 300mm/s - then I'll start to believe.

Not sure about the no-file printer though.
    Sure it's a good idea for the files in their catalogue. But what about models you design yourself - how will it print those ?
    And it's not going to be a cheap printer - if it even exists. Note how all the pictures just show what looks like a faceted soda bottle. With nothing to indicate what's inside.
    So probably priced at people who will want to use their own designs or even designs they buy or download from somewhere other than the kwambio (who comes up with these names ???) store.

It's all looking a bit dodgy. Lots of blurb and very little actual substance. For lible's sake I'm not saying this is a great big con job - bit it could be. They've coined in well over half a $million so far with no actual product or evidence of where it's gone.
    It could just as well be legit.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Banned
    That guy looks so hipster.

The day is finally here for Kwambio, a Ukrainian company now based in Boston, that we’ve been following since last year. Offering a unique 3D marketplace platform, users are able to download 3D files, customize them and even personalize 3D objects with text, and then be assured that they will print successfully on a specific 3D printer. Kwambio has also teamed up with Materialise for 3D printing of files should user wish, offering them 18 different types of materials to choose from. Check out details about the newly launched platform at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/89991/kwambio-platform-launches/