Close

Need help with a model.

Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone could give me a real quick hand. I've been struggling for a few hours a day over the past few weeks for something that is probably super simple... I've got a model that I would like to pose, it is in that of a person, and made to work with MMD (MikuMikuDance) that is in OBJ format, and .x but I can't even figure out how to just select the pieces and put it together. I'm simply looking to print the figure and give it as a birthday give. Ideally I would love to give it a better pose than just standing with arms straight out. I was at one point thinking of being super fancy and allowing the upper armor to be attachable, but after not grasping the basics even, I would be really happy with just a decent pose. Ordinarily I would not ask for help, but I have a limited time span, and I have to do a lot of painting on the figure too.

So here's the details. The model I'm looking at is from deviantart and is here:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/MMD-Su...y-DL-368391374

The printer is a Da Vinci 1.0; If you can smooth the edges of the model like the shaders do, great! if not it's fine as is. As far as scale, what ever is easiest, I can't be picky as I feel I'm already demanding a lot. Lastly, for the pose, if you can make her partly kicking; sample: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...isy_Trophy.jpg ... Ideally she should stand on her own(feel free to add a ball for stability), but I'm more than willing to make a stand.

I came across the model on DeviantArt, and spend the time into figuring out that it was a MikuMikuDance model that she had made. I tried using a plugin from the web to open the model with the skeleton in Blender, but that crashed.. If I had more time to play around I could figure it out on my own, but with the amount of painting that needs to be done, I don't have the time to spare. Also, if it's not even possible to do this, I need to know so I can move onto a different idea. A huge thank you to though if you can help me.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by xlostx View Post
    Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone could give me a real quick hand. I've been struggling for a few hours a day over the past few weeks for something that is probably super simple... I've got a model that I would like to pose, it is in that of a person, and made to work with MMD (MikuMikuDance) that is in OBJ format, and .x but I can't even figure out how to just select the pieces and put it together. I'm simply looking to print the figure and give it as a birthday give. Ideally I would love to give it a better pose than just standing with arms straight out. I was at one point thinking of being super fancy and allowing the upper armor to be attachable, but after not grasping the basics even, I would be really happy with just a decent pose. Ordinarily I would not ask for help, but I have a limited time span, and I have to do a lot of painting on the figure too.

So here's the details. The model I'm looking at is from deviantart and is here:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/MMD-Su...y-DL-368391374

The printer is a Da Vinci 1.0; If you can smooth the edges of the model like the shaders do, great! if not it's fine as is. As far as scale, what ever is easiest, I can't be picky as I feel I'm already demanding a lot. Lastly, for the pose, if you can make her partly kicking; sample: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...isy_Trophy.jpg ... Ideally she should stand on her own(feel free to add a ball for stability), but I'm more than willing to make a stand.

I came across the model on DeviantArt, and spend the time into figuring out that it was a MikuMikuDance model that she had made. I tried using a plugin from the web to open the model with the skeleton in Blender, but that crashed.. If I had more time to play around I could figure it out on my own, but with the amount of painting that needs to be done, I don't have the time to spare. Also, if it's not even possible to do this, I need to know so I can move onto a different idea. A huge thank you to though if you can help me.
    Not a small job, so I can't do it for free, I will charge a flat rate of $39 to do whatever you want to the model, rig it, pose it, put it in any position and make it ready to print.

Anyone who says that's not a fair deal needs to consider most people make a few revisions, so we are talking well over a few hours work.

I've had a look at the model and, considering its current state, that's a very fair price.