Close

I need help to get some knowledge about 3d printers and robots.

Hello i am a new user to this forum and i would like to know a lot about 3d printers and robots.If possible can anyone explain me step by step from autocad to a printed model how it all goes and how it does that. Because i tried to get some answers on google where i usually do but now i dont know what exactly to ask. If anybody knows any book website video or another forum about making and developing 3d printers and robots please post it here or send me pm. Thank you.

Google "3d printing toolchain" or "3d printing software toolchain" for an overview of how to get from design to a printed model.

In short, you go from a design program like AutoCAD, or Sketchup, MeshBuilder or any one of a number of programs, to an STL file that is processed by a slicing program such as Slic3r, Cura or Kisslicer to create gcode specific to your printer. Send the gcode file to your printer and your piece will start to appear.

I'm not sure what question you're asking regarding robotic. Are you asking how to design and build robots using 3D printing? Maybe ask on one of the robot building forums, like letsmakerobots.com. Try searching thingiverse.com for robots to see if there's a design on there you can start with (fair warning: a lot will be toys, not buildable robots).