Close

Noa Raviv's Amazing 3D Printed Fashion

It's simply amazing what 3D printing is slowing doing to the fashion world. An area which you typically would not think would see much change when considering 3D printing's influence, actually is, at least from a fashion show standpoint. One artist named Noa Raviv has produced several amazing pieces with the help of 3D printing. The pieces are optical illusions and certainly stand out from the crowd. More details on the work of Noa Raviv can be found in the following article: http://3dprint.com/12682/3d-printing-fashion/

Check out a few of these pieces, which incorporate 3D printed elements, below:

Engineer-in-Training
    I think more like silly and impractical. "High" fashion seemed silly enough as it is, even going as far as Princess Beatrice wearing a toilet seat on her head and thinking it a headdress. Most 3D printed fashion items I've seen are awkward. 3D printed high heel shoes look even less safe than regular high heel shoes. I just don't see an end in sight. Flammable 3D printed crinolines? It just seems the shackles of design & construction are released to help people make things that allegedly fit the human form, only to make things that are only suitable for the catwalk.
    Last edited by JRDM; 08-25-2014 at 10:18 AM.