Close

Technologist

OpenBead Kossel Reprap

Hi All,

As I await my long overdue Kossel Pro, they just announced that the files are posted for the reprap version. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.openbeamusa.com/blog/2013...-kossel-reprap (announcement)
    https://github.com/ttstam/ (files)

Cheers,

KDog

How much would it cost to get all the parts to build this?

Technologist
    Not sure. I'm assuming that it should cost you about the same price as the original mini-kossel that folks have been building as it uses all the normal stuff. Johann Rocholl is one of the partners so these printers are the next generation of the kossels that have come before, including the mini. Terence is the OpenBeam guy so I'm assuming that he will be selling hardware kits soon. Many of the printable parts have been redesigned for stability and ease of assembly. I'm sure that those who already have a mini-kossel can upgrade quite a few of them. They have also spent some amount of time sourcing some parts, like the linear rails, and will be selling them in the future.

I'd be a bit leery of purchasing anything from them yet. The KS backers still don't have ship dates while they have already started selling the kits online for September and October delivery. They seem to be a bunch of great designers and truly nice people but their business sense is out the window.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    How much would it cost to get all the parts to build this?

I built a Rostock- very similar to the kossel for $500 all parts I bought on ebay, only part I had to make was the top and bottom, and I also put a case round it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looking at it, besides the headstock and LED lights etc, it looks very similar to the kossel mini, I can't imagine more than $500 or so for the parts. The open beams are cheap by the metre.