Close

3D Systems' Cube 2 3D Printer On Sale Just $579

Hey guys, just a quick note. NewEgg.com is offering the Cubify Cube 2 3D printer on sale for a huge discount from the $1299 retail price. It is $599, plus an additional $20 off with a coupon code provided in the article. Additionally there is free shipping. The sale will go on until the 25th of this month. Only the Blue color Cube printer is available at these prices. More details on this deal can be found here: http://3dprint.com/12493/3d-printer-sale-cube-2/

Engineer-in-Training
    That's a great idea if you like paying more for a lot less filament. I'm afraid people buying won't bother to research these machines.

They are blowing these out just before releasing the Cube 3.

While possible not ideal for most of us enthusiasts, many people like the ease of popping in a cartridge. I am thinking that in a school or library it might be a useful machine for someone that does not have the time or knowledge to futz with it all the time.
    Last edited by JohnA136; 08-23-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    They could sell them for $99 and I still wouldn't buy one.

The last Bubblejet printer I bought for my wife cost me $60, it came with free ink. The replacement ink costs $70.. yet the low cost of the printer led me to buy it.

When the ink runs out.. I throw it away and buy a new printer, as it's cheaper than buying the replacement ink.

Do we want landfill full of old 3d printers?

If people are silly enough to lock themselves into a cage with the Cube printer, they deserve to pay $149 for 600 grams of filament per cart

It is clear from the picture they are targeting the soccer mums.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Do we want landfill full of old 3d printers?

Of course not. Toss it in the grinder and extrude some filament from it for use with your next printer that doesn't use ridiculous cartridges. =)