Close

Fleks3D Build Plates

Many problems pop up when dealing with the build plate of a 3D printer. Whether it's the fact that the object sticks too much when done, or not enough when the print starts, or the pain it can be to remove the plate when finished, these are all issues we deal with. One new company called Fleks3D is trying to change all this with their new build plates. Last night the company launched their Kickstarter campaign to raise $9,999 for the production of their Fleks3D build plate system. More details on this product can be found here: http://3dprint.com/12465/fleks3d

Below is a picture of a Fleks3d build plate on a MakerBot Replicator printer. Let us know what you think, and whether or not you will be backing this project.

Ordered a universal one. More expensive than buying a couple of sheets of borosilicate but I'm interested to see how it performs.

Engineer
    interesting, i dont see the info posted anywhere but i wonder what plastics you can print on it. is it compatable with abs, nylon, pet, etc? can you use it with a heated bed? stuff like that. the kickstarter only mentions how easy it is to get parts off the bed. getting parts off is not usually my issue. its getting them bonded really well.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looks like a PLA only addition, so no won't be ordering one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Looks like a PLA only addition, so no won't be ordering one.
    Latest project update says both PLA and ABS extensively tested and working.

In 2014, Fleks3D Build Plates were launched as a result of a successful Kickstarter campaign. The plates, which were designed to eliminate common problems involved in setting and removing print jobs from build platforms, were well-received in all 50 states and in 37 countries. Now the company is returning with a second Kickstarter, which involves several new plate sizes and designs. Read more and support the campaign at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/104866/fleks3d-kickstarter/

Engineer-in-Training
    Looks like a sheet of polypropylene to me?