Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    Yes, exactly. Everything is printed from top to bottom (Z Axis bed is moving to the bottom). XY are drived with 2 stepper using crossbelt and three carriage (2 for Y, 1 for X).

www.corexy.com for the "XY part", just need to add the "Z".
    Ok I got it now, I think that would be like the Mantaki I saw where the head is on an X and Y slider with cross beams coming out all 4 sides of the head.

I am not sure now what to build next lol... I am so happy with the Delta and the fact it not only doesnt wobble, but can print when something isnt even stuck to the build plate (literally.. when I say mine has no backlash, I don't know whether my belts are just super tight or what but man... i have never seen a printer work so well when a print is failing.

I printed a 10cm tall bust, I heard a cracking noise about halfway, and I knew the crappy first layer I saw go down came off, it was my fault for not restarting the job when I saw it, but I saw to hell with it, print away

... but it was a 4 hour print and I was 2 hours in... oh man what do I do??

I paused the job, positioned the bust back to where it was supposed to be (which was easy to see thanks to the brim) and resumed printing, I held my breath... HOLY CRAP.. it worked. It printed 2 hours worth of 0.1mm printing without so much as knocking the model more than 0.5mm. A couple of small step lines - but for a job that was not stuck to the plate, i have to say for zero wobble at all, kossel seems to be the winner there.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Printed my first Bust on the kossel!!
    This is my walter white sculpt from thingiverse

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:459366

0.2mm, 10%infill, no raft or brim... 3 hours.. came out great

kosbust.JPG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123