Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I thought I should put some finished shots up, thanks again to Roxy as her help with my issues got me printing finally, and the output so far has been great. It needs some tweaking but so far so good... and yeah some things I will change like the carriage belt sliders, but for now I just want to get it calibrated before I go trying to 'improve' it... so far it prints pretty nicely for a machine thats barely been setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice!
    I started a delta.. Stopped as 3 prints - Might pick it back up again now!

Altrougt I love the Delta design. I'll be moving to the CoreXY. Just becose I dont have the time to tune it right... and I'll wish to have something a little bigger than 170mm. And it should be more solid (less chance of having to recalibrate when moving it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    Altrougt I love the Delta design. I'll be moving to the CoreXY. Just becose I dont have the time to tune it right... and I'll wish to have something a little bigger than 170mm. And it should be more solid (less chance of having to recalibrate when moving it.
    Can you clarify something for me please?

The Core X/Y.

Is that basically what my flashforge is? Z moves up down, the carriage moves X/Y?

I agree strongly on the moving the printer comment, I can put my flashforge on its SIDE and it will still print (I am not joking... it will print at 90 degrees and the steppers are strong enough to hold it all ) I flipped it up to check underneath when it was printing once, I left it standing on its side and the print was not affected at all, should video it actually!)

The delta, if you pick it up the frame can flex and thats bad as you know... luckily the autolevel does do a good job and compensates somewhat.

Senior Engineer
    CoreXY just moves both X and Y motors off the carriage making the inertia of the head very small because the moving mass is very small.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    CoreXY just moves both X and Y motors off the carriage making the inertia of the head very small because the moving mass is very small.
    that totally didnt answer my question

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Sorry

No

Is that better.

Your Flashforge has an "H-bot" style XY gantry, AKA the X axis stepper moves with the extruder carriage. A CoreXY design is similar to an Ultimaker; both steppers are stationary and utilizes two crossing belts to more the extruder.

Is that basically what my flashforge is? Z moves up down, the carriage moves X/Y?
    Yes, exactly. Everything is printed from top to bottom (Z Axis bed is moving to the bottom). XY are drived with 2 stepper using crossbelt and three carriage (2 for Y, 1 for X).

www.corexy.com for the "XY part", just need to add the "Z".

Core XY is a very nice platform, I just don't like dealing with Z-wobble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast