Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Here is the brass brush. It mounts on the carriage so no matter what Y is I just need to move X to wipe.
    It would seem it would make sense to go close to the wire brush, and extrude 5mm or 10mm of filament. And then go wipe the nozzle. Every-time my nozzle drips... It takes a while for filament to start feeding and extruding right.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It would seem it would make sense to go close to the wire brush, and extrude 5mm or 10mm of filament. And then go wipe the nozzle. Every-time my nozzle drips... It takes a while for filament to start feeding and extruding right.
    That is what my start.gcode does before it starts printing. It's actually a bit difficult and I haven't got my head round a few things. Because the head offset is firmware controlled the wipe position is not absolute, if I only have one head turned on then the offset is moved 33 mm depending on which head it is. This makes for problems so I generally just have both heads on all the time.

The more you mess the more you realise that these things are not tried and tested technology, small errors and undefined bits all over that you have to work a way round. Thankfully most little things can be solved but they do take a lot of hours to fully understand and work out.

And... after more thought... If you leave both extruders hot during the print... It would seem every ten layers or so, you would want to go off in the corner and extrude 10mm of filament out of each nozzle. Otherwise, one of them could be cooking the filament and plugging up the nozzle. The Slicers are getting pretty good. I wouldn't doubt there is already support to do that kind of stuff if a person was smart enough to turn it on.

Senior Engineer
    That is oen of hte things I am trying to work out. I can easily do that sort of thing with my CNC machine but Linuxcnc implements the Gcode properly. It seems that all the 3d printer gcode interpreters do not allow loops and conditional branches or at least I haven't found out how to do it yet so it's every layer or not at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12