Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

ScanSource Created 5mm Tall Miniatures on 3D Systems Printers

It's the new thing to do! 3D Printing of miniature figurines, apparently. ScanSource 3D, inspired by a story that 3DPrint did on Zealot Miniatures' 3D printing miniature navy men decided to give it a try themselves on their 3D systems 3D printer. What they came up with was quite amazing!

Read more and see plenty of additional photos at: http://3dprint.com/11443/scansource-...ems-miniature/

Engineer-in-Training
    So person in small business A makes very tiny figures with an inexpensive B9 creator, so business B decides to upstage them by showing their 10x more expensive machine making a similar or slightly better quality part. Business A still made a smaller figure at 3mm, these examples don't get that small.
    Last edited by JRDM; 08-09-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    My eyes are so shot from playing video games for 30 years, anything that's 5mm tall to me looks like a scrap of filament lol... it is impressive tho. I wish they would start using solid resins, If I owned a SLA machine I wouldn't be printing translucent stuff, I'd be printing high detail resin kits to sell.

Personally, the scale of the machines isn't there for me yet, I would be more interested in a machine that can pump out an entire life size head or bigger in one print, then they'd have my attention.. making them cheaper wouldn't hurt either...