Close

Thread: QwikFab Beast

QwikFab Beast

A Singapore based company has announced that they soon will raise funds via pre-sales on a crowdfunding platform for the production of their large 3D printer, capable of printing at speeds of up to 400 mm/sec. The QwikFab Beast will also feature dual extruders. Below you will find some of the specs of this new machine:

• Build Envelope: 300mm x 300mm x 600mm
    • Printer Speed: Up to 400mm/s
    • Z-axis Layer Resolution: 100 microns
    • Build Platform Alignment Accuracy: 10 microns
    • Linear Positioning (X & Y Axis): 50.0 microns

More details on the Beast cane be found here: http://3dprint.com/10948/qwikfab-beast-printer/

Check out a quick picture of the machine below. Let's hear your opinions. It should be priced at well under $10,000.

Hi Brian and thank you for creating the QwikFab Beast thread for us here.

I will be here to assist with any questions anyone may have the best that I can as we ramp up to accepting pre-orders/crowdfunding! It is a very exciting time for us and I am keen to hear any comments, feedback and answer any queries here. The build volume is 300mm by 300mm by 600mm using two, dual-pinch extruders.

Meanwhile, do check out our website at www.qwikfab.com or facebook page at facebook.com/qwikfab

Regards,
    Raymond Luo

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    This is a very impressive looking printer. I'm looking forward to seeing it released Raymond!
    Eddie

In July we announced the Beast, an industrial 3D printer targeted at the small-medium business user and prosumer with extremely quick printing speeds. We have been hard at work finishing some details and improving what is already incredible fusion of innovative design and technology.

Here we've created a video of the Beast printing at 0.1mm resolution, achieving true 300mm/s printing speed using ABS with a heated bed.
    We chose a cylindrical shape for this test because a regular print may not provide enough distance to accelerate to the full 300mm/s. This test also shows quality and stability that you can come to expect from the Beast 3D printer, even under extreme speed.

Please do note that not all materials are suitable for printing at such great speeds due to inherent printing material properties and we highly encourage users to use our QwikFab premium materials. While we do not prevent users from using third-party branded materials, we cannot guarantee the same performance and quality output and you may also run the risk of hurting your QwikFab 3D printer.

Enjoy!