Close

Kickstarter Project launches to 3D Printing Furniture in North Carolina

We have seen many artists and designers 3D print furniture in the past. One company based out of North Carolina, called HSM Furniture is trying to raise enough money on Kickstarter so that they too can begin printing out furniture pieces. Their plan is to try and bring jobs back to America and reignite the furniture industry in NC. They will do this by printing out furniture with wood filament, and customizing it for their clients. More details on this Kickstarter project may be found here: http://3dprint.com/10902/kickstarter...int-furniture/

Let us know your thoughts, and whether you are considering backing this campaign.

They are about 1 hour from me, and yes, furniture being made here in the US is declining like clothing. I wish them good luck.

That would require a pretty big printer, yes?

Technician
    I had family with furniture retail shops. There are still items made in USA but the quality is only marginally better than the made in Asia counterparts. They don't make them like they used to. For quality these days, you have to buy Italian pieces which are ridiculously expensive. The wood from Asia is really bad though and you always find cracked pieces that couldn't withstand the shipping conditions.