Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Stratasys to feature a Sponsored NASCAR in the US Cellular 250 tomorrow

Stratasys seems to be targeting NASCAR fans as their future clientele. In tomorrow's race at the Iowa Speedway they will have the main sponsorship on the No 11 car, driven by Elliot Sadler and fielded by Joe Gibbs Racing team. This is another step in trying to gain some name recognition. Stratasys and Joe Gibbs Racing have had a partnership for over a decade now, so this comes as little surprise. JGR utilizes their Object500 Connex printer as well as their Fortus 400mc. Read more about this and check out the video of the car being wrapped at http://3dprint.com/10886/stratasys-n...-cellular-250/

Technician
    Rednecks and 3D printing go hand and hand.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    Rednecks and 3D printing go hand and hand.
    If ever Stratasys releases a printer made of duct tape and Ford engines, then yes, there will be plenty of market crossover.

Or perhaps they're just looking for a target demographic that won't pay attention to (or understand well enough to care about) their patenting abuses quite as much as the DIY/techie crowd currently does.

Technician
    I used to follow Nascar and most sports in general but then I realized its just a platform for advertising with some athletics involved. I quit wasting time watching sports 100% and haven't looked back.