Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    I didn't archive the link to it, but I do remember seeing a pulley designed for flatted extruder motor shafts, but the inner diameter would have to print perfect to work. BTW - you did properly add an M3 nut to the slot for it in the pulley, right? The words "incredibly loose and just wiggles around" makes me wonder this.

EDIT: Well, at least some of the pulley designs accept a nut to hold the grub screw. I'm assuming the one you're using does as well.
    No... I knew that slot was there for a reason, guess i missed it in the build guide. I will give it a try tomorrow. G'night guys and thanks a bunch

Well I put the Nut in and the grub screw went in nice and tight, wouldn't budge no matter how hard I tried. Everything is working perfect for now. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11 View Post
    How about this one? Should be more durable as well. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:185269
    I don't have time to do this right now. But this makes a lot of sense for my printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I don't have time to do this right now. But this makes a lot of sense for my printer.
    just out of curiosity, what printer do you have?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TehStranger View Post
    Well I put the Nut in and the grub screw went in nice and tight, wouldn't budge no matter how hard I tried. Everything is working perfect for now. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!!
    Glad to know I got you up and running. Sometimes it's easy to overlook the obvious.

Technician
    I was thinking the same honestly. The direct drive extruder I am using is severely heating up the motor, I have not put a probe to it, but I suspect 50-60c by feel. Anything after 50mm/s its being very overworked. However I am a bit reluctant to buy a new pulley and a bunch of parts that total 20-30usd. I dug up some old printer gears that I am slowly modifying for this purpose. They should be better than a printed gear in every way. The parts I am slowly designing and printing all me to use a spare gt2 2T pulley to hold the main gear. The other gear will use a bolt that I will need to rework. The bolt is 4.75mm and I will use the stainless drive gear on it which is 5mm. It will ride on 5mm ball bearings I pulled from an old HDD.

I plan on posting some pics on this build. Nothing fits as designed. I have to file grind and build parts for it. I will however use very thick walls on the body so it holds its shape. I have yet to decide if I use 100% infill or 50% infill with 1.5mm walls. I had luck with 1.2mm wall and 50% infill last night for the main portion.

As for time, I feel your pain. My wife has already started to call my printer the girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by TehStranger View Post
    just out of curiosity, what printer do you have?
    A Prusa i3 kit....

A Prusa i3 kit....
    Yea but I mean from what vendor you get it from

I got it from a grad student at my school. You can see a picture of most of it here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?2712

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12