Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New 3D Printer (BlackSmith 3D)

Hi everyone,

We are BlackSmith 3D, and we hope you'll take the time to check out the 3D Printer we have to offer you.

With a volume capacity of 6650 cubic centimetres, it is significantly larger than other 3D printers out there, yet it remains compact in size.
    Also, our 3D printer uses a rotary platform which allows the user to scan and duplicate whatever they want, instead of having to create whatever they want to print slowly and painstakingly.
    For more information, you can visit our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/blacksmith3D?fref=ts or you can subscribe to us at http://www.blacksmith-group.com/pre-launch for more updates nearer to the release date, or if you'd just like to have a closer look at our printer in general.
    Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

the BlackSmith 3D team

Staff Engineer
    Any relation to the Blacksmith polar 3D printer from about a year ago on the RepRap forums? If so it looks like you guys have cleaned it up beautifully!

I suppose you've had some luck with fixing the speed problems associated with printing near the center of the plate? Most of the RepRap community seems to have given up on Polar printers, but I've always thought it was a pretty trivial problem.

Hi Feign,
    The engineers behind the BlackSmith 3D have spent the best part of a year working on and improving the product which you mentioned, thanks for the encouragement!
    Regarding the issue of speed, we'd like to think we've hit the golden area between speed and precision. In fact, a video of our product demonstration should be coming up soon! The link will be posted here, or you can follow us at the above mentioned websites for more details on our progress.

Thanks!
    The BlackSmith 3D team

I have moved this to the Hardware folder. Please try to keep all discussion here for Blacksmith. Thanks

Technician
    SO many 3D printer supplier plopping up, but this is just good for consumers, the more the merrier right?!

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Here is the latest video from Blacksmith.

Staff Engineer
    Okay, the remote monitoring and built-in scanner definitely look good here. As usual though, I'll wait for the price point and their projected delivery date before I become optimistic.

Boy, they really make it look user friendly.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    LOL, ya. I want a duck.

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't remember seein a rotating printing table like that before, I wonder what would be the pros and cons compared with a linear table? Of the top of my head I can see it would reduce the footprint of the printer considerably.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast