Close

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    My Reply :

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    3D printing created to print organs from a patient’s own cells.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Create a scanner/printer capable of created very detailed shapes with airbrush subtle colors.

My Reply :

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    3D printing created to print organs from a patient’s own cells.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Create a scanner/printer capable of created very detailed shapes with airbrush subtle colors.

my reply for contest

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

To me Direct Metal Laser Sintering is the most interesting thing I have seen done in 3d printing. I am always thinking of practical uses for items, and come from an industrial background. Metal is hard to be as a print medium for industrial uses.

Well not a real big stretch, but....
    I think materials are coming a long way but still are a bit weak compared to other plastics and epoxies out there. I would build a printer that would use multiple print heads to lay down interwoven layers of 2 part epoxy. The strength would eclipse current materials. This probably could be done in the near future, as I would guess it would be more of a software problem. The printing patterns would have to be re thought....probably something like an overlapping zig-zag pattern with one part of the epoxy on the opposite wave pattern as the other. The resolution quality would be halved as a result, as bonding would occur only were they touch... but being an epoxy and not an extrusion, we could probably reduce the nozzle size in half and restore current levels of print resolution. Just a thought

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

It's hard to say what's the most interesting thing I've seen in 3d printing. From building custom prosthetics and printing homes to instant prototyping of complex mechanisms and mass producing stop motion figures for movies, there's a lot to choose from. Even though there are a lot more interesting things out there, I'd have to go with my personal projects with 3d printed objects as my most interesting thing. There's nothing better than going through the whole design/build process from scratch and seeing something you designed come to life.

The whole idea behind the 3D printer is being able to design, build, and replicate anything from the comfort of your own home. My ideal printer would be capable of printing in any material - metals, ceramics, plastics, you name it - to varying degrees of accuracy and size. Throw in a 3D scanner and CNC capabilities and I'd be a happy camper.
    Last edited by rvanwaes; 11-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Student

Sadly I do not have any background as of yet, but have designed a few small products that will earn me enough money to buy a printer I can expand my dreams with.

I would start with a triple extruder, all three would be able to print ninjaflex without binding. heated print bed, a large print bed at least 12"x12" but expandable to 12x36". Solid framework for precision printing without wobble. High print resolution for final product small scale production. Fast enough print speed to get unit production high, but with enough resolution to sell the product. The 3D printer would need to be able to print in a metal filament for creating molds for plastic parts, not to mention other small metal parts with decent tensile strength. It also needs to be low noise. Soft feet to absorb vibration yet keep the unit flat and stable with adjustable points to level the printer. Auto leveling of the print bed is a must.

Most interesting thing printed, and were would I take it? The most interesting was the house being printed, and if I could dream I can imagine taking such a system to a 3rd world, or the site of a disaster, and feeding it local raw materials, possibly taking trash from the disaster cleanup, the system would refine it into a usable printable substance, and print new housing for the locals.

-The use of 3D printing to create molds for cast or injection molded parts.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    -Direct metal at an affordable cost

The most interesting thing i've seen done with 3D printing technology is the fact that you can replicate your printer easily. You just have to print all the part and you got yourself (almost) another one. You can also upgrade your printer by improving the parts.

It would be a self replicating enabled printer. All the needed component. You would just need to scan an object and it could replicate all the mechanical parts needed. That would be a nice piece of hardware to work with.

Thanks.

Nanoscale additive manufacturing is very interesting when it comes to the possibilities for most any branch of technology. The things that will be possible by assembly at the nanoscale will truly have the largest impact in 3D printing, not to take anything away from what will be done at the macroscale. This is also probably the scariest possible use of the technology as devices could be made that nature never intended and the consequences may not be realized initially.

I would like to see SLA, SLS technology that is cheaper, faster and can print in many different materials. I think we will see more maker shops spring up that will have the latest technologies for us to try on our own without sending designs off unless that is your only option. Having an FDM machine on your desktop is great too and that is all I am dreaming of for now!

Student
    Add rafbe on Facebook

The first 3D printer in Space. I think that will lead us to manufacturing in space.

Molecular printer, you will be able to input all of the right chemical elements and get out whatever you want !

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast