Close

Thread: Gaps, Need help

Gaps, Need help

Hi everyone, I'm new and just get a 3D FUNSPACE 3D printer. Now I'm adjusting it, but there are gaps between some layers as below, can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thanks.

gaps.jpg

Are you printing in ABS or PLA? If ABS, turn off your fan - it's probably causing your layers to curl and separate. ABS requires a warm and consistent temperature as it prints to prevent layers curling and separating.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dkarma View Post
    Are you printing in ABS or PLA? If ABS, turn off your fan - it's probably causing your layers to curl and separate. ABS requires a warm and consistent temperature as it prints to prevent layers curling and separating.
    I'm print PLA

Re-try today, I checked and adjusted the position of X-axis, now it's better, but there is still cracks in the middle, and back to normal for the top part. Only half side has this problem, the other side is ok. Also it looks like some dirty glue melt and drop outside of nozzle, almost drive me crazy.

Cracks and dirty glue
    P40726-193349.jpg
    This side is fine
    P40726-193401.jpg

Clean your print head - you might have some filament clinging to it that's burning and dragging in to the print.

Not sure what's causing the cracks, but have you calibrated your e-steps per mm or run through triffid hunter's calibration guide on the reprap wiki yet? that's always the first thing you should do when troubleshooting print problems.

Engineer-in-Training
    Filament cooked inside the nozzle? Might happen with pla running to hot.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Do you have a cold draft coming across the print from the cracking side? Rotate your printer and see what you get.

Thanks everyone~ I re-sealed the extruder and changed spring, and it works~