Close

MakerBot Desktop 3.2.1 and Firmware 1.2 Updates Are Out

Well if you are one of those people who like to stay on top of things as soon as they happen, Makerbot was quite busy today. Not only did they release a Firmware update, version 1.2, but they also release quite a nice Makerbot Desktop update. The Update called MakeBot Desktop 3.2.1 opens the application up to a large number of MakerBot machines, besides the Fifth Generations it had originally only been available for. More details on both these updates and what they will provide can be found here: http://3dprint.com/9526/makerbot-desktop-firmware/

Have you downloaded either update? How did it go?

Has anyone downloaded this yet? I'm interested to see if there are noticeable improvements.
    V

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    They followed up the next day with a correction, apparently not only are the new machines buggy, their emails are too. They explained that the links in the emails were faulty :/

I haven't tried it yet - I am running 2.2 on my XP machines and 2.4 on my Windows 7 machines. They seem to work fine, although I sure wish I could dial back the density of the support when it is called for.