Close

Technician

Change speed of print during the print

Hello,

I saw at a fablab, that they could speed up, or down the printspeed, while they where printing.
    How do I do that?
    And, is it usefull to do?

Thanks!

Gr. René

If you have a Screen attached to your ramps for example you can multiple the feeding with turning the button during a print.

is it usefull, well for bridges i sometime do slow it down and for overhangs and such.
    Its also handy if you arent sure about a speed and wanna adjust it right away.

Technician
    I guess its working with slicer again. Otherwise I still dont know how to do it. But I think at the moment, I dont speed up the speed.
    Well, maybe in a few weeks or so...

On our Ultimaker, we could adjust the print speed just by turning the knob on the LCD Control. Not really sure if that works with the LCD add on for the RepRaps? (if it does, I will be adding one to my Prusa Mendel!) I found it really helpful during presentations and classes to be able to "tweak" on the fly!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    On our Ultimaker, we could adjust the print speed just by turning the knob on the LCD Control. Not really sure if that works with the LCD add on for the RepRaps? (if it does, I will be adding one to my Prusa Mendel!) I found it really helpful during presentations and classes to be able to "tweak" on the fly!
    Yes you can, I also have one for my Prusa i3, thats what i meant with my post.

And ye it is very handy. except i dont use the SD card function anymore as Cura is way easyer to just plug in your USB and click print.

Thanks Dr L. I will be ordering one soon. Do you have a preferred vendor? I will have to research Cura now?
    Last edited by JohnA136; 12-30-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Thanks Dr L. I will be ordering one soon. Do you have a preferred vendor? I will to research Cura now?
    Well for me it came with my makerfarm, so you could buy it there,
    They also have a smartLCD thats a little more fancy.

I also have a few that sell it in europe but i guess Makerfarm will be easyer for you as its in America.

Engineer
    well for those of you running marlin firmware you can send an M220 S1-200. a value of 1-200 being the speed. you can just send that mid print if you want and the speed will adjust. i use s3d creator software which has a speed and extrusion jog dial on the interface to increase speed or turn up the extrusion multiplier mid print. it just sends the M220 command for speed and M221 for extrusion. im not sure if this works with other firmwares.