Close

Question Cost Efficient Printer?

Hey guys,
    I'm mostly new to this whole 3D printer thing, so i could use some help with it.
    I'm looking for a 3D printer which prints nice, also is somewhat cheap, and after looking around the internet I found one which looked promising:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/craftbot-3d-printer

What do you think guys? Should I try it?

I bought a Craftbot. I feel good about it. The speed of the printer is just 50mm/s slow but its only $496.00 good deal. Let's hope all goes well and it ships on time.

Staff Engineer
    So according to their schedule, they've already done product testing and regulatory testing and have effectively already started production? If they've stuck to this schedule they have on their IGG page then I'm hoping there's a "factory tour update" soon-ish. I kind of wonder why there was not ever any kind of hint of this back in 2013 though if they've been working on it since February of that year.

I backed the MOD-T, so I don't really need to go for another one myself... But man, that two months to delivery sure looks nice.

I think the recent posts of the Phoenix backers should remind everyone that tech support/warranty is part of the product. Be careful to check for that.

Engineer-in-Training
    I think Craftbot is one of the few CoreXY machines, along with the F306.