Close

The Dark Knight, 3D Printed

What's cooler than a life-like figure of a movie hero? How about a life-like figure of a movie hero like the Dark Knight, which has been created with 3D printing. GeeWhiz has done just that. The company which specializes in the creation of toys and figures, used 3D printing to create highly accurate molds used for the figure's manufacturing. More information on GeeWhiz, and the Dark Knight figure can be found here: http://3dprint.com/8624/geewhiz-uses...e-dark-knight/

Below you will find images of the finished product, which in my opinion, is quite amazing. What do you think?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    What's cooler than a life-like figure of a movie hero? How about a life-like figure of a movie hero like the Dark Knight, which has been created with 3D printing. GeeWhiz has done just that. The company which specializes in the creation of toys and figures, used 3D printing to create highly accurate molds used for the figure's manufacturing. More information on GeeWhiz, and the Dark Knight figure can be found here: http://3dprint.com/8624/geewhiz-uses...e-dark-knight/

Below you will find images of the finished product, which in my opinion, is quite amazing. What do you think?
    I think the title of the story is misleading. This was not 3D printed. Moulds were 3D printed and (t)he figure moulded like any other McFarlanes action figure.

"Building a custom figure is a painstaking trial and error process which often results in having to start from scratch to finally get all the parts and pieces to properly fit together. In such a small scale, all these parts require very nimble hands and a whole lot of patience to cast, mold, sand, paint, cut, tailor, and assemble.”"
    Last edited by Roxy; 07-15-2014 at 08:48 PM.