Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

CarrotCorp 3D Printer - 10X's Faster Than Any Printer out there - by 15 year old boy!

Ok, this might be the most incredible story I have ever had the opportunity of writing about. A 15-year-old boy named Thomas Suarez, has apparently come up with a technology that will allow him to create a 3D printer capable of printing at speeds 10 times that of current technology. He advertises that his printer will be 10X's faster, as well as the most advanced and most reliable printer every created. His company CarrotCorp plans on releasing more details soon. If this is real, it not only could revolutionize 3D printing, but it could quite frankly make this little boy one of the most famous inventors in history. Read more about this at http://3dprint.com/8232/15-year-old-...-printer-ever/

Interesting, let's see what he comes up with.

Engineer-in-Training
    The first video is just words flying around a screen, not actually showing us the machine.

I know the kid is very smart, but there's little substance to be found in this story.

Student
    Zero Proof

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf2014lol View Post
    Zero Proof
    That's right. I guess we will see what materializes from this.

Kinda hoped we would atleast get a picture of a sketch or something what he was planning to create,

So far its like WTF2014 said 0 proof and could aswell be just some empty words,

Would be cool if its true, but at this time i would be called a non believer.

Senior Engineer
    I would have thought that a reasonably simple calculation would tell you how fast you can go. Both PLA and ABS, along with most thermoplastics, are amorphous so the faster you want to shift it the hotter it needs to be and the harder you have to push. The limits of that can't be that hard to work out for someone with the inclination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I would have thought that a reasonably simple calculation would tell you how fast you can go. Both PLA and ABS, along with most thermoplastics, are amorphous so the faster you want to shift it the hotter it needs to be and the harder you have to push. The limits of that can't be that hard to work out for someone with the inclination.
    Agreed! I would like an opportunity to check the little tyke's math.

Feels a little like... clickbate, no?!

I want to believe! But reality intrudes. An order of magnitude faster (and most reliable ever created) and no one else has thought of this. Not a single detail, but all the right words.

Just way too much vaporware in this field. I stopped showing my boss all of the "latest" things we couldn't buy.
    Last edited by mrheehee; 07-07-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast