Close

Elemental, Pressure Controlled SLA 3D Printer By Hardcotton

I have to say this is probably the biggest innovation we have seen within the SLA 3D printing space yet. Kind of like the mod-T 3D printer, this changes the entire print process. The Hardcotton Elemental 3D Printer uses a pressure control system to lower and raise the resin level as a laser cures the resin to form an object. Instead of moving the build plate, the the resin moves. More details on the Elemental printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/7852/hardcotton-elemental/

Check out some of the specs:

• Build Area with dual control chamber configuration: 140mm x 140mm x 200mm
    • Build area with single control chamber configuration: 200mm x 200mm x 200mm
    • Pressure control of layer height
    • Z control accurate to 1 micron
    • XY control resolution up to 24.4 micron
    • Variable output 405nm laser
    • Bluetooth functionality

Below is a picture of the Elemental SLA Printer. Let us know what you think. It will be launching on Kickstarter shortly. Price has yet to be announced.

Staff Engineer
    So... It's a professionally made Peachy Printer with a different surface level control mechanism (so they can patent it).

I wish them best of luck. Resin level control has been the toughest thing facing the Peachy so far, it was pretty inevitable that someone was going to find a patentable solution and make their own.
    (now if only they would compete with the Peachy or at least the MOD-T on price)

Staff Engineer
    Bumping this thread back up to make it known that Hardcotton has put up a Kickstarter Campaign for the Element. All the early bird pricing slots have filled up, but the $1,100 AUD price is still available.

So the price is less than half that of the Form1+ and other mid-level SLA printers, and the quality looks comparable (without the tray problems that plague bottom-up SLA printers) Currently it looks like they're about 1/5th of the way to their goal, and they have an ambitious (but not impossible) schedule. Still no particular business plan, and the team doesn't seem to have larger corporate backing, which could be the source of some KS jitters.

That said, they still have an amazing product, and I really hope they succeed.

Engineer
    Bump, they cancelled their campaign because they couldn't attract people. We were looking for the product though.

Good luck on getting any money back. If I understand correctly you will need a lawyer, and the lawyer will get most of your money in the write off. I have been through it in another investment. Kickstarter and indiegogo do not guarantee payment if the company implodes.

Staff Engineer
    Kickstarter doesn't charge anyone for their pledges if the campaign fails. Indiegogo has the same policy for "Fixed Funding" campaigns. The only time you have to worry about getting a lawyer to get your refund is if the campaign succeeds and the company implodes afterwards (which can definitely happen) or when it's an Indiegogo campaign with "Flex Funding".