Close

Tytan 3D, Multi Material 3D Printer, Prints in Food, Salt, and More

We have all seen the recent Structure3D Discov3ry extruder which allows almost any 3D printer to print in a variety of household materials. Today 3DPrint.com got word of a Polish company, called Tytan 3D, who is about to unveil a Multi-material 3D printer, capable of printing in all sorts of materials, such as salt, chocolate, caulk, paper pulp and more. The price has not yet been announced, and the specs are still forthcoming. The printer will be on display at a show in Warsaw Poland sometime in the next few weeks we are told. More details on this new device can be found here: http://3dprint.com/6893/tytan-3d-printer/

The printer will not require any heating of any kind for extrusion, and be perfect for children of all ages, as well as adults, and professionals, according to the company. What do you guys think? Below is an image provided by the company:

Staff Engineer
    Well, it certainly looks nice. There's not a whole lot that you can mess up with a paste extruder delta, but they don't have really impressive capabilities. (aside from material versatility)
    If I had a business I would like one of these for my lobby (provided it's quiet enough) printing little favors for customers, but I don't think I'd be using it for anything serious.

That said, the market for "decorative" 3D printers might be quite lucrative, especially with the combination of paste extrusion (no smell if you use the right material) and delta format (impressive looking and interesting to watch).