Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm running a Makerbot 2x I just tried it with a Gcode that uses the Dual Extruder and it works also. I want my buddy with the Ultimaker to also try it, and see how we can share the printers online just for fun. Personally I don't care about the security, but the remote control web camera feature is really useful. Going to chat up the support guys and see what else this thing can do.

Initially when I logged in, there where some test files, with this camera Icon, that when hovered over, produced this blank box , and didn't get what that was for, until I printed my first object. It recorded the print and made time lapse preview! I feel there are like other hidden features they are not talking about. I'll find out more. Going now to try to share my printer with a buddy.

3D printer OS - Makerbot 2x

Hey Guys,

I am using the Makerbot 2x and it is working perfect so far. My buddy has the 2 and it installed for him instantly also. I don't see any restrictions with my designs, prints, or anything actually. I guess I could collect money from someone in Paypal, and set permission for them to print once, but it doesn't force you into anything. Ummm actually the more I think about it, there is nothing stopping me from actually selling a design on any market place today. Collect a check, and simply click share -- type the persons email address in. I just need to design something bad ass first.

What would be really awesome is getting a hold of this software modification they made that lets you print like 100's of parts without touching the machine. Check this out -- 35 hours of printing without touching the printer !!! http://secured3d.com/blog/real-examp...g-3d-printing/

Hey Guys,

I am using the Makerbot 2x and it is working perfect so far. My buddy has the 2 and it installed for him instantly also. I don't see any restrictions with my designs, prints, or anything actually. I guess I could collect money from someone in Paypal, and set permission for them to print once, but it doesn't force you into anything. Ummm actually the more I think about it, there is nothing stopping me from actually selling a design on any market place today. Collect a check, and simply click share -- type the persons email address in. I just need to design something bad ass first.

What would be really awesome is getting a hold of this software modification they made that lets you print like 100's of parts without touching the machine. Check this out -- 35 hours of printing without touching the printer !!! http://secured3d.com/blog/real-examp...g-3d-printing/

Ethan Hunt, the CEO of Rapide 3D, says the successful campaign on Indiegogo for the Rapide Lite 200 printer has led to a second round of funding for the Rapide Lite 200XL, a commercial quality desktop 3D printer with a build height of 400mm. Hunt says that more than 700 of the 200 series printers have been delivered to contributors, and his company now plans to include the cloud-based 3D Printer OS software suite in every machine his company makes. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/58122/rapide-3d-3dprinteros-deal/

Below is a photo of a 3D printer from Rapide 3D:

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Ethan Hunt...
    Wait, when did this become a mission impossible thing?

San Francisco-based 3DPrinterOS, which officially launched just last month, is working to streamline the 3D printing process by use of intuitive, accessible, cloud-based software and a universal operating system. This past week at the Box Dev Conference, Box announced several new integration partners, including 3DPrinterOS. Box is a file sharing and personal cloud content management firm, used by half of the companies in the Fortune 500 among its 45,000+ global customers, and the new partnership with 3DPrinterOS will allow for users of the OS to select 'Box' on their uploads, linking their accounts and opening cloud accessibility. Find out more details about this integration in the full article: http://3dprint.com/61257/3dprinteros-box/

John Dogru, the CEO of 3DPrinterOS, hopes an open source release of his company's groundbreaking, cloud-based 3D printing system will make it possible to connect any 3D printer to the cloud. Dogru says ideally, contributors will add features, fix bugs, and customize the cloud client to fit their printers and unique user requirements to the project on GitHub. The release gives developers access to the full set of tools available in the 3DPrinterOS cloud platform. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/72968/3dprinteros-cloud-open-source/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12