Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I typically save a pristine copy of the distributed code base.... And then make my changes to a copy. With a visual diff tool, it is easy to see where you have made changes and to cross those changes over to a new version of the code when it shows up.

Dr Luigi did send me a copy of his new Configuration.h file. I will make use of // ......// and record what I have done. I know that changing this code is easy compared to other coding systems, it is just a bit daunting when you do it for the first time.

OME

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Dr Luigi did send me a copy of his new Configuration.h file. I will make use of // ......// and record what I have done. I know that changing this code is easy compared to other coding systems, it is just a bit daunting when you do it for the first time.

OME
    The good news is you should only have to mess with the values in the Configuration.h file. And anything that is wrong (like an axis moving the wrong direction or the calibration of an axis being off) will be pretty easy to spot.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Ok, I've completed the auto leveling modification. It took longer than I thought is would and I too followed Zennmaster's videos. However I am stuck. I can't figure out how to reset my "home" position to the back right corner of my glass. Zennmaster leaves you with the X0 Y0 Z0 at the center of the bed from when you calculate the probe offset. He say's we'll come back to this and correct it but then he never does. An exhaustive web search leaves me empty handed. Where in the configuration.h file to I modify the "home" position? I can't seem to find the right spot.

So far though, I love auto leveling. Once I get it going I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even tested it by raising my glass up on the front about 10mm and then auto leveling. It read it perfectly and I'm sure if I were to have tried, it would have printed perfectly on that sloped glass.

I have 3 different substrates for printing on, Garolite, window glass and borosilicate glass. Each is slightly different in thickness. This is going to make it so nice. Not to mention, the gap changes when I print on tape or on purple glue or on hairspray. I was constantly making micro-adjustments to compensate for those. No more though.

Thanks for lighting the fire under my butt OME. You da' man...
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Ok, I've completed the auto leveling modification. It took longer than I thought is would and I too followed Zennmaster's videos. However I am stuck. I can't figure out how to reset my "home" position to the back right corner of my glass. Zennmaster leaves you with the X0 Y0 Z0 at the center of the bed from when you calculate the probe offset. He say's we'll come back to this and correct it but then he never does. An exhaustive web search leaves me empty handed. Where in the configuration.h file to I modify the "home" position? I can't seem to find the right spot.
    The original Auto_Bed_Leveling did not handle Z-Probes in negative X & Y space very well. As most people have it, I had my origin in the front left. And the only easy place to put the Z-Probe on my extruder was on the left side. So, to work around that problem I made these changes to Configuration.h. This put the origin at the back right:

Changed from:

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for prusa i3 set to false, x endstop should be on the left
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR false // for prusa i3 set to false, y endstop should be in the back and opposite the y-motor

to:

//Roxy switched the orientation of the bed such that the origin is at the back right.
    //this makes it necessary to invert the X and Y axis directions to keep the part from
    //being mirrored. The X & Y home direction stayed the same even though the direction
    //flipped because the home direction was still towards a minimum value.

#define INVERT_X_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, x endstop should be on the left
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, y endstop should be in the back and opposite the y-motor

So far though, I love auto leveling. Once I get it going I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even tested it by raising my glass up on the front about 10mm and then auto leveling. It read it perfectly and I'm sure if I were to have tried, it would have printed perfectly on that sloped glass.
    Yes... Agreed... But now you need to add the http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-G29-command

The Bed Topology Map that it provides is very useful. With that, you can (quickly) get the bed so level the Auto_Bed_Leveling is hardly doing anything. And... You get to pick the number of probe points at print time instead of being hard committed to a number.

I have 3 different substrates for printing on, Garolite, window glass and borosilicate glass. Each is slightly different in thickness. This is going to make it so nice. Not to mention, the gap changes when I print on tape or on purple glue or on hairspray. I was constantly making micro-adjustments to compensate for those. No more though.

Thanks for lighting the fire under my butt OME. You da' man...
    Oh! One more thing. Of course you know this, but you need to move your X & Y end stop switches to the opposite sides. OR... You can set them in Configuration.h to be MAX locations and tell it to home in that direction. It is cleaner to just physically move the switches, but you can do it with just Configuration.h settings.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-19-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Roxy, thanks. I implemented most of the above.

I now have a new issue. Pronterface does not extrude. The head follows the path but the extruder does not function. In Cura all works so I know that my Wade extruder is functioning well. I printed a 5mm step torture test in Cura and it came out beautifully. However if I load the same file in Pronterface, no extrusion occurs.

I've never seen this before. Any ideas?
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Roxy, thanks. I implemented most of the above.

I now have a new issue. Pronterface does not extrude. The head follows the path but the extruder does not function. In Cura all works so I know that my Wade extruder is functioning well. I printed a 5mm step torture test in Cura and it came out beautifully. However if I load the same file in Pronterface, no extrusion occurs.

I've never seen this before. Any ideas?

Can you hit the manual extrude button in PronterFace to get it to move the extruder? I would be tempted to pull the old, working Configuration.h and the new one into a DIFF program and make sure none of the extruder stuff got touched. But the fact it is still working in Cura is strange!

Another thought... Cura allows you to save the GCode it generates. Can you save it and use PronterFace to send it to the printer? Does the extruder work if you do that? Because if so, that probably implies the problem isn't PronterFace but instead the Slicer program you are using with PronterFace.

Is it possible you have the nozzle too close to the bed? In other words, you have the wrong Z-Offset specified and the nozzle is so close it can't let any plastic out when using the non-Cura GCode?

What ever the problem is, I can believe it is perplexing! But the fact it is working in Cura drastically limits how bad the problem can be!!!!
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-19-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Here's the GCode from Pronterface that does not extrude. Can anyone see anything that could be causing this? The E steps are in there. I think that's the extrusion code.

/////////////////////// Begin Code ///////////////////////////
    Connecting...
    start
    Printer is now online.
    echo: External Reset
    Marlin1.0.0
    echo: Last Updated: Jun 19 2014 17:17:44 | Author: (NVision4D, 8 i3 Prusa Autolevel config)
    Compiled: Jun 19 2014
    echo: Free Memory: 3529 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
    echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
    echo:Steps per unit:
    echo: M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z4000.00 E989.70
    echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
    echo: M203 X250.00 Y250.00 Z2.00 E22.00
    echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
    echo: M201 X9000 Y9000 Z20 E10000
    echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
    echo: M204 S500.00 T500.00
    echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum XY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s), E=maximum E jerk (mm/s)
    echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X20.00 Z0.40 E5.00
    echo:Home offset (mm):
    echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
    echo:PID settings:
    echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
    echo:SD card ok
    Extruding 2.000000mm of filament.
    Setting hotend temperature to 245.000000 degrees Celsius.
    Setting bed temperature to 65.000000 degrees Celsius.
    Slicing Y:\______3D Printer Models\Torture_Test_Bridge\5mm_Calibration_Steps.s tl
    Slicing Slic3r_x64_0.9.9/slic3r.exe Y:\______3D Printer Models\Torture_Test_Bridge\5mm_Calibration_Steps.s tl --output Y:\______3D Printer Models\Torture_Test_Bridge\5mm_Calibration_Steps_e xport.gcode --load C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r\print\PET+_RH7 .ini --load C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r\printer\PET+_R H7.ini --load C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r\filament\PET+_ RH7.ini
    => Processing triangulated mesh

=> Generating perimeters

=> Detecting solid surfaces

=> Preparing infill surfaces

=> Detect bridges

=> Generating horizontal shells

=> Combining infill

=> Infilling layers

=> Generating skirt

=> Exporting G-code to Y:\______3D Printer Models\Torture_Test_Bridge\5mm_Calibration_Steps_e xport.gcode

Done. Process took 0 minutes and 1.650 seconds

Filament required: 46515.9mm (307.2cm3)

Loaded Y:\______3D Printer Models\Torture_Test_Bridge\5mm_Calibration_Steps_e xport.gcode, 7285 lines
    46515.8501854 mm of filament used in this print
    The print goes:
    - from 77.71 mm to 108.28 mm in X and is 30.57 mm wide
    - from 73.71 mm to 104.29 mm in Y and is 30.58 mm deep
    - from 0.00 mm to 25.10 mm in Z and is 25.10 mm high
    Estimated duration: 126 layers, 0:41:13

/////////////////////////// End Code //////////////////////////////////
    Bambu P1S/AMS

46 ---METERS--- of filament needed for this print????
    And your printer can do that in 41 minutes????

I would like to be jealous of the speed of your printer... But clearly something is wrong with your setup for the Slicer!!!!

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yes, the manual Extrude button works in Pronterface.

Yes, if I save Cura GCode and just open that in Pronterface, it works.

No, nozzle is fine. Even if it were blocking the port off, I'd still see the big gear on the extruder turn.

To make matters worse, KissSlicer works well too. Pronterface is just misbehaving now all of a sudden after my update and auto-leveling mods.

I'll pull the old configuration.h and compare it to the new one to see if something got changed that was not supposed to.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast