Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tick: Roadworthiness inspections completed
    Tick: Confirm new residence
    Tick: Cancel design for oil funnel for motorbike (I'll use an empty honey bottle)
    Tick: Worked out how to wire the probe and endstop switches. Assembled and tested. Soldered all together. Job done
    Tick: Ablutions completed

Still to do:
    Consume copious amounts of Dutch courage an attack Marlin update
    Find somewhere to store my tools, Christmas decorations, spare motorcycle, part stripped 4 x 4.

OME

When a 2-year-old is cutting his molars, nobody in the house gets any rest. So I've attacked the Marlin update. I hope it's right! - OME
    Last edited by old man emu; 06-25-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Ok, autoleveling gurus, I have a question. I can't figure out the best way to check my gap now that I have autoleveling. What is happening is that I use gcode to find all of my offsets for the servo switch to the head and upload them to my RAMPS. But, it's off a bit. My gap is too tight. So I have to do a small tweak of the 'Z' offset, upload and start all over.

I can't figure out what gcode I can use to do autoleveling (or 'Home') and then issue a command to take the print head to the surface as if preparing to print so I can check the gap, the gap that's being set in the configuration.h file. The only way I can do it is wait for a print to start and then stick a piece of paper under the head really quickly and see if it has the proper friction.

What I'd like to do it issue 'Home' (G28) and then issue something to send the head to the bed so I can check the gap. Two quick steps. The way I'm doing it now is really tedious.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

You can issue a G28 followed by a G29. Then move the nozzle to the center of the bed and send a M114 to the printer. It will tell you what it thinks about the coordinates.
    You can manually (with Pronterface???) move the nozzle down closer to the bed until you have just the right gap. And issue another M114 to see what the printer thinks the gap is.

Using that information, you can shift your Z_OFFSET to be very accurate.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yes, I use G28 and G29 all the time in Cura. What you suggest is that I do. It's very tedious. I just wanted a way to 'Home' and then send the head directly to what it thinks is zero.

Ok, I've figured it out. I guess my machine was malfunctioning. I kept using a G1 and it wasn't working. I reset a few times and now it works fine.

I just use a 'G1 Z0' and my head moves to the offset in 'configuration.h' Thanks "me" for helping me solve this...
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456