Close

Printeer, 3D Printer for Kids

Thought this was a very interesting idea for a Kickstarter project. A Company called Mission Street Manufacturing has launched a project seeking $50,000 for the funding of the Printeer 3D printer for children and education. Printeer has the following Specs:

• Exterior dimensions: 16 inch (406 mm) wide x 9 inch (229 mm) deep x 12 inch (305 mm) high
    • Build volume: 6 inch (150 mm) wide x 4 inch (100 mm) deep x 5 inch (125 mm) high
    • Material: PLA plastic 1.75 mm filament
    • Weight: 12 lbs (5.5 kg)
    • Fully enclosed
    • Removable print bed
    • Auto bed leveling
    • Wireless access
    • Spool capacity: 1 lb (0.45 kg) of filament
    • Built using a variety of open-source software & hardware

Backers can pre-order a device with a $549 pledge. The kickstarter campaign will run until July 10th. What do you guys think? More details on the Printeer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/5773/printeer-3d-printer-kids/
    Below is a picture of this colorful device:

Student
    I'm very interested in this project. It seems that mix the "Doodle3D" Idea with a Kid Printer that is perfect because you can't image to put in a class an assembled printer, with open parts, bad smells and noise.
    I hope you will find the crowd source money, stay in contact with me. I'm planning to put two printers in two kids school (about 5/6 years) and start a scientific research.
    Regards
    Lorenzo