Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    I don't even know why I bought one anymore...

Can I get my money back?
    LOL. I think MakerBot will make improvements on their printers for the next generation. I believe they sort of rushed the 5th gen to market before they could fully make sure everything would run smoothly.

Now is as good a time as any to buy a 3d printer. You can always say you are waiting for the next generation, but there is always another one that follows.

This question is like asking, "Is it worth buying a smartphone now". It depends if you need one, want one, and if you have the money. Like others have said, technology always improves. There are some really good 3d printers on the market now at decent prices. Sure there might be a better 3d printer at a lower price a available a few weeks after you buy yours, but that will always be the case with all technology.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobysOne View Post
    This is a question that my buddies and I have been discussing. Is it really worth spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a 3D printer now, when probably in 1-2 years from now we will be able to purchase hardware that is 3 times better for 1/2 the price? I know technology is always improving, but it seems like for what you get now, it's not really worth the money. However in 1-2 years you will be able to get a fine tuned awesome piece of equipment for probably a few hundred dollars.

What's your thoughts?

Jacoby
    I think you are on wondering if worth to buy a 3d printer, and what it can do. If you really want it and like it , you won't have rational thinking for worth or not.
    when you have a 3d printer, you can print lots of things that you don't have , share with friends, link to more the same interest friends, take much spare time printing, and you will have a hope when sleep after wake in morning you will get a delight result models.
    when you have a 3D printer, you will step to a new world, funny ,enjoy,lots of friend, have topies talking.

don't think it worthy or not, expensive or cheap, you want it ,like it ,you will get it soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12