Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had to print something with a hole that had a "flat part" to it (like a D-shape), of 12.5mm diameter. I just printed a test piece, measured it out, and then as mentioned, just "fudged" the radius. Came out just about perfect.

For 3D printing just about any precision part, there is often some trial and error to get the diameters right (often depending on your printer as well as slicer settings), and you usually get the best fit if you can drill or file things a bit.

I have had reasonable success adding the nozzle diameter to any internal hole radii. So, for a 10mm diameter internal hole printed with a 0.4mm nozzle I would create a hole 10.8mm wide, thats a radius of 5mm plus 0.4mm for the nozzle.
    Not an exact art but often very close.

I think Slic3r and CURA both have the same issue where they seem to calculate the inside diameter of a hole as being the outer edge of the inner-most shell.
    Much like drawing a small circle with a fat marker.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D OZ View Post
    I have had reasonable success adding the nozzle diameter to any internal hole radii. So, for a 10mm diameter internal hole printed with a 0.4mm nozzle I would create a hole 10.8mm wide, thats a radius of 5mm plus 0.4mm for the nozzle.
    If this rule of thumb works on a lot of printers... It will be worth high lighting it! Next time I'm doing holes, I'm going to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D OZ View Post

I think Slic3r and CURA both have the same issue where they seem to calculate the inside diameter of a hole as being the outer edge of the inner-most shell.
    Much like drawing a small circle with a fat marker.
    This could be it indeed!

Thanks
    I was already wondering if it was due something like this, But i thought, well they should have fixed some error like that by now..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12