Close

Different colours causing problems

I have been using clear ABS filament to print with my Replicator 2 printer and switched to red ABS filament. I am having a problem getting the print to stick to the table. I have leveled the table with no luck so I used the same settings but switched back to clear ABS and the print was fine. Is their a different setting for coloured filament? Seems odd but I have not been able find anything else.

Engineer
    I agree that does seem odd. I am no expert but perhaps the coloring in the filament raises or lowers the melting point of the ABS ever so slightly, making it not stick to the table. Typically if the filament is not heated enough it will not stick as well. This wold be a question for one of the filament manufacturers at this forum though. Are both filaments produced by the same company?

Quote Originally Posted by Doog71962 View Post
    I have been using clear ABS filament to print with my Replicator 2 printer and switched to red ABS filament. I am having a problem getting the print to stick to the table. I have leveled the table with no luck so I used the same settings but switched back to clear ABS and the print was fine. Is their a different setting for coloured filament? Seems odd but I have not been able find anything else.
    Have you tried lightly spraying the bed with hair spray?

Technologist
    Have you measured the filament diameter? Different filaments and colors can have very different diameters. You may need to change the value in your slicer program to make the extrusions equivalent.