Close

Cube 3 and CubePro 3D Printers To Ship in June, Pro-orders Begin

Great news for those of you waiting to order one of 3D Systems' new consumer based 3D printers. Starting today the Cube 3 and CubePro are open for pre-order. The first shipments will go out sometime in the second half of next month (June). The Cube 3 is priced at $999, while the CubePro varies in price from $2799 to $4399, depending on what model you opt for. The CubePro comes with single, double, and triple extruder versions. More details about how to order as well as the specifications of each new printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/4086/cube-3-cubepro-pre-order

Here are some images of each new device:
    Cube 3:

CubePro:

Engineer-in-Training
    I strongly advise anyone getting a Cube or CubePro to watch the return clause. Last I heard, they didn't accept returns.

CubePro looks like a marginally refreshed CubeX, which was a terrible machine and I don't see where CubePro is any better.

Their support, at least for the previous models, is terrible. If they keep the same filament pricing, their filament pricing is terrible.

One CubeX user said that their Solidoodle 2 is a better machine that is easily capable of making much better parts, despite being a quarter the price.

Hello - I'm new to 3D printing and am in the process of figuring out what printer I should get. I see that there are a lot of new printers now, but I want something from a more established company.

I'm debating between the new Cube 3 or Makerbot Mini, what do people think?

Why do you limit it to these two? The Mini is fraught with extruder issues and I would not consider it until MB irons that out. Right now they are not usable and people are returning them in droves. Look at the Ultimakers possibly or a Flashforge Creator X?
    Last edited by JohnA136; 06-13-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: typo

Engineer
    i am really anxious to see if 3ds really stepped up their game. i know their older printers were terrible but they have the resources and the tech to really make something killer. hopefully they held off the release for so long to really work things out and get it right. cant wait to hear.