Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

The History of Makerbot - Video

I thought this was rather interesting, so I'd share it. It's a video on the history of MakerBot.

Eddie, Thanks for the Video. My son and I had visited MakerBot many times in the early days and it is good to see their early roots again. We are fortunate to live not to far from there. I remember seeing all the kit boxes lined up on the floor and patiently waiting for our Cupcakes to ship. Going into the city to some of their "open houses" and showing off stuff we had printed was always a blast, and we were frequently rewarded by MB swag and LED strips! :-)

Sadly, most of those people are no longer there. We still have some of our early MakeBot printers working, although they have been highly modded. Even our Replicator 1 has transformed into our Replicator XL but remains a pretty reliable machine. It is currently printing next to our two Prusa i3s and is our go to ABS printer.

8129224609_4d33549c3c_n.jpg