Close

2 questions about size price, and software to mac

Hi, I have 2 questions,

I want to print a model, got a offer on 2500 dollars: S
    It's way too expensive to try my idea, think the problem is that i whnt it relatively large, around 500-600mm long and 400-500mm wide.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to solve it to make it cheaper?

Then I have macbook, and try to find a program that i can change a bit in .STL files, but have not found anything, or those I've found have cost a lot of money, everything about online, for example, changing measurements etc?

thanks in advance

Staff Engineer
    with many models to be printed, the printer owner does not have a suitably large printer. In these cases it is common to use a modeling program to slice the model into smaller segments, which are later glued together.

Can you tell if your desired result will function in the desired manner if constructed in segments of this nature?

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    with many models to be printed, the printer owner does not have a suitably large printer. In these cases it is common to use a modeling program to slice the model into smaller segments, which are later glued together.

Can you tell if your desired result will function in the desired manner if constructed in segments of this nature?
    Yes, i think it Will work, Can i get the prices down, a lot, I will be satisfied, my plan is to paint it after I get it.
    The problem now, is to find a software, so I can try making in bits,
    And changes the size

Thankful for the response

Staff Engineer
    You can use Meshmixer which is available for the Mac to perform the slicing of the model. There are many YouTube videos for performing this task to help you on this mission. The 3D Printing Nerd has a long one in which he demonstrates how to turn a large car model into smaller segments. Look also for videos done by the Makers Muse channel, as he is quite clear in his explanations.

mmm i did download meshmixer, but i wont cut as thay did on youtube:S

So i have no downloaded blender to try do it, and see if i can mange to add som stuff to it:S

let see how this ends:P

it fells like this is not a propper 3d bluprint:S
    Last edited by berne; 06-05-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the other way would be to buy a large format printer, something like this: http://www.formbot3d.com/formbot-rap...ing_p0022.html

and print your own.

For cutting models into parts I actually use flashforge's slicer: flashprint. http://www.flashforge.com/flashprint/
    And then export the seperate parts as .stl files.
    It's the only thing I use flashprint for :-)