Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I build a Kossel Mini about a month ago and I am using a 20A Power Supply. Round Borosilicate Glass with Kapton heated build plate. Working pretty good so far.

photo (58).jpg

Last edited by JohnA136; 06-25-2014 at 05:30 PM.

So I plugged the extruder into one of the XYZ motors wiring it up and it worked fine. I just can't get it to extrude without attempting to warm up the hotend in repetier host.

I think there is a setting in Repetier to not allow the extruder to turn until it is 170 degrees. I use by LCD panel to turn the extruder motor on my Kossel Mini.

Yeah I was able to get it to work by turning the minimum extrusion temp as well as the minimal defect temp below -10 degrees. I didn't have my hot end thermistor plugged in so the defect temp showed -58C. Now I am trying to wire up 615rakabMOL._SL1500_.jpg to my dedicated power supply. Any ideas?

Mechanically its up and running, but the belts aren't too tight.

Figured out the wiring of the switch and tightened up the belts enough, I am current working on getting the glass bed situated. I do have a heat bed, but I think ill just play around with plain glass first, until everything else works for sure.

Man oh man is calibration rough and tedious. On to Extruder calibration!

One thing we learned a long time ago is that you have to be very patient when building a 3D Printer. You seem to be doing a great job!

My first Cupcake build took me 14 hours. I think I spent about an hour just getting the Kossel calibrated. It is indeed tedious but once it is done, it seems to print very well. We built this one with mostly "left over" parts from other builds and the Stepper motors are a little small (the shorter the motor, the lower the torque?). The axis work fine but I just got a larger one for the extruder, which seems a little too weak for the direct bowden extruder. I was going to go to a geared extruder like on my Prusa i3 builds but will try a larger stepper first.

I finally got it printing after some extruder problems! Will post pictures soon, will have to recalibrate my printer for sure.

So I built my Kossel Mini to 760/360 extrusions. Inadvertently, I am using the Tridprinting 12" strong wall rod and traxxas rod kit for a diagonl rod length of (340mm). Using Jay's visual calc, it calculated that my Delta radius would be 173.84mm. Directly measuring my Zmax I got 311mm approximately. However, I can't get the printer to level out. It remains ever so slightly convex(~1mm) but I can get X/Y/Z to calibrate to Z=0. Since my rods are shorter than expected (348mm), I'm not sure how much its affecting my calibration. Thanks guys.

I just "finished" mine.

Need calibration and I also need to fix the arms (they are not equal, I did pay attention the the ball milling and magnet...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast