Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Any suggestions on how I should cover up the bare extrusions on my delta? I want it to have a clean-sleek look. MDF? Metal Panels? thanks.

Metal plate if you're able to powder paint it. Else, I would do MDF with glossy paint!

Any idea on how to attach it to the extrusions? I am thinking about just using M3 screws, but I hear MDF doesn't take well to screws.

if you use MDF, make sure the MDF hold my the head of the screw, it should work like this!

Quote Originally Posted by MK-X View Post
    Any suggestions on how I should cover up the bare extrusions on my delta? I want it to have a clean-sleek look. MDF? Metal Panels? thanks.
    3D printed parts would be perfect for this. Proves that having two printers is very helpful

Finally got my NEMA 17 motors. Will be finishing up assembly in the coming days.

Finally soldered 3 motors and temporarily set up an atx power supply to run with it. However, I am running into issues. When I decrease the Z-axis control on Repetier, the Z-motor does not rotate, however when I increase the z-value, it does rotate. Any ideas?

Is the motor moving both way if you using RAMP test ?

If yes... I dont know... it's software related, but I dont really know the software yet. You're using a "delta" configuration right?
    If no...
    - Did you ajust the "power" screw ?
    - Make sure all the cabling is good. Maybe you didnt connect "Enable A/B" or power is not working.

Actually I figured it out, I had autoprobe in the firmware on, but had no endstop in the autoprobe pins, so when I checked M119, it showed Z_min as always high and thus Z would never decrease in value. It is fixed now though Thanks.

However, I am having issue wiring up my Geared Stepper Motor from Kysan. I purchased it from Tridprinting. The schematic is located here: http://www.tridprinting.com/Electron...perMotor-1.pdf

The plug I received are reversed though. I am unsure on how to wire it to my RAMPS board.

red, green, yellow, blue.

To me, the wiring seems okay, just need to "flip it" so the red wire is on first PIN. First PIN is the first on the left if you look at the board with the power input/output to the left.

edit: http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4#Wiring

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast