Close

Newbie reporting

Hello, I am a would be newbie that don't currently own a 3d printer. I've done a fair bit of research for entry level 3d printer, and am considering something in the sub 300-400 range. Base on my current research, I may be getting a Monoprice or a M3D. Can someone give me some suggestion? Or if there is something else they would recommend? Thanks!

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse

Thank you, i will definitely consider those, but for now, i am looking for a pre-built kit that require minimal assembly.

This CR-10 Mini 3DP23 Hictop only has a 3 Step Assemble, watch the video really simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg5QTtK6Rqg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XFPeURudlI4OGc

Hictop 3DP23

Other Videos for tuning
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=CR10+mini+assemble

Thank you for the suggestions, a few step is definitely doable! I will do some more research

Would not have it any other way, the choice is 100% yours.

I made my decision for the 3DP11 because of one crazy you-tube video I found and watched, Figured if he could assemble and the 3DP11 Aluminum Frame 3D Printer and make a video.
    I could follow his Video instructions an assemble one as the assemble instructions some times are not the best and watching the video showed me that I could do it.

This was the 4 video series

Even after making the decision on the printer, I still watched every video I could find to see if there was any other 3D Printer that was a better choice for Me.
    More still I had to save to get enough $$$$$ to be able to purchase the 3D Printer, this gave me lots of time to make my final decision.

There and many 3D Printer you-tube videos I would suggest to watch, then when you decide make your choice.

When you make your decision if you need any help the Forum and I will be here, with the best of knowledge to share with you.

Good Luck in your 3D Printer Search!!!

Technologist
    Avoid the M3D. Their motors are rubbish, cheap steppers with plastic gearing that strips very easily. Their motion system looks clever but is prone to binding (in z axis, which also affects y axis) and slop (in x axis due to the rack and spur gear setup). I also hear their support is pretty garbage.

I'd personally recommend against a mendel/i3 style printer purely because I'm not a fan of the motion system style. I would go for a replicator clone or the likes. They are solid and straightforward, easy to troubleshoot and calibrate. CoreXY, delta offer some moving mass reductions but can be a bit more complex to troubleshoot and calibrate, more so deltas than coreXY. They are great printers, but I wouldn't recommend them as a first printer. Although a linear delta's main advantage seems to be that it looks cool, I haven't seen them in industrial applications and I think there's a reason. That being said, I'm building and designing a printer and a large part of the reason I chose it is "it looks cool".

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    plenty of industrial type deltas, some really big ones too.

But for a first printer I'd be inclined to go with a monoprice. pre-built, massive user base and the company is the worlds largest 3d printer seller (on numbers sold) for a good reason.

Once you've got imnto the whole art of 3d printing. Then it's time to start looking at kits and larger machines.

Never actually used an i3 clone - just can't think anything good can ever come of moving the whole bed back and forth like that. That said, they are really really popular - and dirt cheap., plus I prefer to print on the top edge of my machines capabilities, speedwise :-)