Hi everyone,
I'm a scientist working with biocompatible materials, and I realized recently that some companies already released 3D printers using such materials, mainly for dental applications. However since it's such a recent development (only 1 or 2 years) I cannot find companies who offer printing service for people who can't afford to buy the printer (we're talking tens or hundreds of thousands for such a printer). Do you know of any company offering such a service? I would need ideally a transparent or translucid material, as I would like to print a fluidic channel. At the moment I'm gluing laser cut PMMA plates together, and it's very tedious. During filling of the channel with fluid, I have to remove air bubbles manually, that's why it needs to be translucid: if it's opaque I can't know if I still have unwanted bubbles inside.

It's not microfluidics, but it still needs good precision (close to the limit of the best printers unfortunately): +/- 20 µm for the thickness of the plates. My channels are about 1 cm wide, 10 cm long, and 0.2 to 1 mm high. It doesn't have very fancy details, but the height (0.2-1 mm) of the fluidic channel should be quite precise. It doesn't have to be PMMA, just bio compatible and translucid. Do you know of any company that may offer such specific printing request?

Thanks in advance for your help!