Close

Student

Question Geeetech i3A Pro x-axis home bashing against limit

Hi all, it's probably easier explained by video so here's my video:

https://youtu.be/ed112bOVxpw

As you can see, when I use Repetier to move the printhead on the x-axis, it triggers the end stop and all is well. But when I select Home, it keeps bashing away at it for about 10 seconds or so, until it finally gives up.

I've got the latest Geeetech firmware on it and have not changed any settings (other than inverting the y-axis as it was homing the wrong way).

Any advice appreciated. I've not been able to print anything on it yet due to this issue. I can't trust it with this issue outstanding (!!)

Perhaps there's a way to offset the home position but I figured it should stop when it hits the end point switch, right? It's almost as if the home position needs calibration or offsetting? Or am I off-track here? Many thanks.

Geeetech products are very low quality. And they are too lazy to load anything but firmware that is 2 years old.

You probably would be best off crossing your configuration.h settings over to a current version of firmware. (and then never buy another Geeetech product again!)

Student
    Hi Roxy, thanks for the reply. I am running the latest firmware from Geeetech, but I assume you are suggesting that I run with generic firmware. Maybe later.

I think I have solved the issue however. It looks like the motherboard hole, top right, was pushed into the insert which appeared to be shorting out the x-endstop's solder points underneath. Unbelievable. Telling me that they're low quality doesn't really help me all that much at this point however :-(

After squeezing a fibre washer between the insert and the motherboard, the board is now more or less straight and it has tested successfully. This has cost me about 3 days but man I'm glad to have worked it out myself.

https://youtu.be/JzXmVOA1rOs

Quote Originally Posted by symowallo View Post
    Hi Roxy, thanks for the reply. I am running the latest firmware from Geeetech, but I assume you are suggesting that I run with generic firmware. Maybe later.
    Not generic firmware... I'm suggesting you go to the source where they originally got the firmware. Except get the current firmware. Not some firmware that is 2 years old.

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...e/bugfix-1.1.x

Quote Originally Posted by symowallo View Post
    was pushed into the insert which appeared to be shorting out the x-endstop's solder points underneath. Unbelievable. Telling me that they're low quality doesn't really help me all that much at this point however :-(
    Yes it does. It helps you realize you can not make any assumptions about what works and what doesn't work. And this will be more important when you start printing things. If the print is coming out badly, don't make assumptions that normal slicer settings and good quality filament will fix a problem. It may take more than that to resolve various issues.