Close

Carnegie Mellon 3D Printing Survey

Hello everyone.I am a student at Carnegie Mellon University.I am in great need of survey responses for my class project working with a potential product for soft materials 3D printing. Would you be so kind as to fill it out in the link attached please.

https://forumfluidformsurvey.sawtoot...reenwidth=1366

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    We get a lot of surveys round here and one way or another they all have serious flaws.

Your's appears to be asking me the exact same question over and over. The only difference i can see is that the asnwers are slightly mixed up each time.
    But same question, same answers, same pictures.
    It's not only confusing - it doesn't make much sense.

All of those picture questions could have been done in one or at most 2 questions.
    'Would you pay more for print media that was transparent ?'
    'Would yoyu pay more for print media that allowed higher print resolutions ?'

That pretty much covers it in a way that makes sense.

Also on the last 2 pages most of those questions have more than one answer - so allow for that. Having a single answer for a question like:
    'what do you use 3d printing for'
    Is daft. I'd have actually ticked: business, hobby and other.

And why don't universities EVER teach students how to properly structure a questionnaire ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-17-2017 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    We get a lot of surveys round here and one way or another they all have serious flaws.

Your's appears to be asking me the exact same question over and over. The only difference i can see is that the asnwers are slightly mixed up each time.
    But same question, same answers, same pictures.
    It's not only confusing - it doesn't make much sense.

All of those picture questions could have been done in one or at most 2 questions.
    'Would you pay more for print media that was transparent ?'
    'Would yoyu pay more for print media that allowed higher print resolutions ?'

That pretty much covers it in a way that makes sense.

Also on the last 2 pages most of those questions have more than one answer - so allow for that. Having a single answer for a question like:
    'what do you use 3d printing for'
    Is daft. I'd have actually ticked: business, hobby and other.

And why don't universities EVER teach students how to properly structure a questionnaire ?
    Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it. It is a type of survey called a choice based conjoint analyses
    so that is why it has that type of framework.Cheerio!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I realise why you did the survey like that - but it is confusing and I doubt many people will bother to go all the way to the end.