Close

He3D EI3 Triple Extruder Mod Question

So I'm a Newb getting into the craft and am looking at buying my 1st printer. I am looking to buy this printer

Link: https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers...51.html?wid=21

and was wondering what it would take to swap out one of the extruders with one that could print metal filament like aluminum fill. Such as what type of extruder, hot end, nozzle do I need... Is this printer even capable of it? Like the proper heat bed and such. I'm not wanting to buy a ready to go printer for thousands. I'm wanting to start with something cheap that I can upgrade and change however I need it over time so I can learn and fully appreciate the craft.

Any help would be great. And if this printer can't do it, or if there is a better option for around the same price, which one should I look at?

Thank you

Dustin

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    standard 'metal' filament is just pla with metal powder mixed in. Anything that can print pla (which is everything) will print with it.
    Even the fancy stuff that desktop metal use is just pla with metal powder mixed in.

What you can't do is sinter normal metallic filaments.

The stuff desktop metal uses has two binders/plastics and once printed the prints go into a washer/bath to remove one of the binders. the model can then be sintered and the secondary binder turns into vapour and evaporates.