Close

Student

3D printed Fierce Deity Link

Hey guys I just found out about this website and decided to create an account. I just wanted to share with you guys a model I created of Fierce Deity Link from Majoras Mask. I posted a video on my youtube channel of the process that went into creating it. Let me know what you guys think here is a link to my channel, feel free to check out any of my other videos i have posted.

<span style="font-family: Helvetica">
    Last edited by Toysontheshelf; 09-30-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Toysontheshelf View Post
    Hey guys I just found out about this website and decided to create an account. I just wanted to share with you guys a model I created of Fierce Deity Link from Majoras Mask. I posted a video on my youtube channel of the process that went into creating it. Let me know what you guys think here is a link to my channel, feel free to check out any of my other videos i have posted.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nl0BTg9weMTRxRdk0FV3A
    Is anyone able to see my original post? Because on my phone it just looks loke a really long blank post

Technologist
    We can see it, and I think the mobile version makes things a bit weird. On my phone every other post shows up as a really long message constructed of 3/4 character lines.

Looks awesome by the way, how long did it take (I know you said about a month but any idea on how many hours?)? Also, the video was a great watch, you're commentary is awesome. Great job on the post process too, I thought it was done on an SLA printer before I read the video description.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
    We can see it, and I think the mobile version makes things a bit weird. On my phone every other post shows up as a really long message constructed of 3/4 character lines.

Looks awesome by the way, how long did it take (I know you said about a month but any idea on how many hours?)? Also, the video was a great watch, you're commentary is awesome. Great job on the post process too, I thought it was done on an SLA printer before I read the video description.
    Hey thank you so much I really appreciate your comments. Yeah ive been thinking of getting an SLA printer I heard really good things about them. The modeling process I would say took me about 15-20 hours. The printing took about 30 hours. The post-processing such as the sanding and applying the primer took me about a week (about 3 hours a day). The painting process took about 8 hours. This was one of the more complicated models ive done so far but I really enjoyed the challenge.

Technologist
    Wow, amazing job on it. The hard work really shows off in the final piece though. SLA printers might be better for your use, you wont see layer lines so no need for sanding so much, maybe where supports have to be removed. That and they usually do better with small details. Downsides are resin isn't as nice to work with as filament.

Hello,

I just got into 3D printing and I would love to print this, could you possibly send/post the files you used to create this?