Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technologist
    Okay need a little help here. I'm really not too comfortable with having to mod the RAMPS 1.4 to work with the 24 Volt power supply. I'm honestly thinking since i"m overbudget and my bank account resets next week that maybe I'll get the duet wifi board instead? I believe it works directly with 24 V without any modification, and the only things I then have to change is to get 24V 5015 blower fans (which is what the thing uses), the E3D V6 titan 24Volt genuine version(not getting Aero cause mods needed and I just want the damn thing working) and that's it? Since believe the motors don't care what Volt since that's supplied by the drivers, and the MK2a heated bed doesn't care either right? Thanks.

EDIT: Option two would be to just get this https://www.amazon.ca/LETOUR-Voltage...WNJ52BJYN7KFRF it's cheaper? and no modding needed either and just have to be careful on how I wire it?
    Last edited by iamthebest22; 10-13-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Technologist
    Sorry for the long delay, been busy but didn't do much until last two days. I seriously have bad luck with electronics, first PC's where I often bought defective units lol, now this, all my 5 printers came with 1 somewhat major problem that I had to fix, delaying its use, this HEVO is no exception. I spent over 4-5 hours trying to get the BLtouch working (2 hours wasted because of me being stupid and naming a file wrong) on the Duet Wifi, only find out that my BLtouch has the magnetic flux loss issue, where it loses it's magnetic field or something, in short it doesn't retract anymore, no matter how much I clean it (and the fact I've only used it a couple of time back when trying to calibrate my Delta), yeah it's defective. So I have to resort to well a Z endstop, which took me another hour because well learning reprapfirmware. I have two TriangleLabs BLtouch clones and I'm really tempted to just go with my MKS Gen 1.4 cause it doesn't require modification to the BLtouch (on Duet wifi, you need to cut logic board 3.3V on BLtouch) for the HEVO, but we'll see. so the endstops are done, next up will be installing the bed, waiting also for the TL e3d V6 nozzle and titan extruder, and yeah, hopefully get a print this week!

Technologist
    Finally, It's alive!!!!! Now just waiting for E3d V6 nozzle and titan extruder and good to go. Going to be busy starting later this week as I've accepted a full time offer. https://www.facebook.com/Iamthebest2...9683020150500/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Congratulations :-)

The mks boards all accept either 12 or 24v input. Just saying :-)

Technologist
    Most non RAMPS boards can work with 12-24V power, RAMPS was early days, unfortunately it's still cheapest by a mile so some of us are stuck with it. Besides... 12V is just as good... right? Yeah I'll keep telling myself that.

Technologist
    Sorry for the long no update, was sick, and then was having issues with my BLtouch not working on the Duet Wifi but working on the TEVO tornado and Cr-10 test. Finally *fingers crossed* seem to have found the problem and.... defective board -.- $229 bucks and so lucky lol. Basically first problem is despite my multimeter saying my Power supply is supplying 24V, the Duet wifi says it's 29V, so I turn it down to 20V and then it says 24V. OKay, then Bltouch wouldn't work so tested the rails on the board.... all the 5V, when tested using meter, says only 2.8-2.9V max, while the 3.3V rails say 2.7-2.8V, way lower than doable, so basically.. Yeah. The options I have are hopefully spool3d (who I bought it from) would replace it for me (which they did for the first BLtouch that we thought was defective but was the board) or get an arduino Uno (20 bucks) and have that solely power the 5V on the BLtouch, or something to singlely power the BLtouch. Any ideas?

Technologist
    A bit hackey but cell phone chargers that you plug into the wall supply 5v, solder a few wires and it should work. That or use a voltage divider/buck converter running of V+ of your power supply to power it. A real bummer to have such an expensive board fail on you, and I'd be really gutted to hear they wont replace it, that's just poor service.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or just plug it into the usb port on a computer.
    Or a portable power bank with usb ports, even a cheap one would power a bltouch for some hours.

I can run the mks base and touch screen off a little power bank.
    Not the sbase 32bit arm job. the board will run but not the board and screen at the same time.

Technologist
    Nice thanks guys, yeah I'm considering those options, since I'm good at soldering now. But if I just want to take the fast way out, I can just buy, as mentioned before, this Arduino Uno here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KZO8G3I/...id=FZR8FZOP3AK, power it up, and just plug the BLtouch's red wire (5V) into the 5V on the Uno right and the other four wires onto the Duet itself correct?

Technologist
    Yes, but you'll need a 5 v supply for the arduino to begin with, I'm a bit confused as to why you're putting an arduino in between your 5v supply and the bltouch. I'm sure you've got a spare USB cable and phone charger or some resistors/pot for a voltage divider.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast