Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technologist
    i can wait, I don't have much time to tinker really anymore, I can say almost for sure in December, but before than highly unlikely. Mind if you link to the jfriesen version?

Meanwhile, build coming along nicely, tightened the X axis carriage so much that apparently it cause it to stutter. Mostly smooth motions, though the middle carriage seems to be a little stiff towards the last 1 cm or so of the right side, which shouldn't affect much and I'll grease it or something to see if that helps.

Tomorrow, hopefully the belts and the bed assembly and then finally the wiring. If all goes well maybe finish it up this week.
    What the room looks like now, gonna need to move my electric piano out and get a new table for the new printers, don't like having my new TEVO Tornado on the floor.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    wow a whole room just for your printers - now that's a luxury :-)

Mine have to share a small converted garage with all the accumulated crap from my job, plus other interests.
    No idea where the Big delta will live when it's built.

Technologist
    Bed is built which I'll show later. In the meantime, I think I need to clean my soldering iron or something, it's not melting it at the tip anymore only near the middle. Hopefully this is good enough, pretty tight hopefully won't try anything :P

Technologist
    Sorry, but I would not be happy with that soldering job. Too much current flowing in those wires. Clean your tip, maybe heatsink the wire so the insulation does not melt and lay the tip there until it melts.

Technologist
    Yeah I found the issue, cheap soldering iron not reaching 400C, also it's oxidized (black tip) and I didn't know how to clean it, basically improper soldering. Got a new 60W kit that'll go to 500C, and got flux and also cleaning sponge with it, so that should work..... If not, I might just get a wired silicone heated bed, stick it underneath the mk2a and call it that. like $200 overbudget now >.<

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    silicone heatpads are very cheap from aliexpress. My 350mm 12v 270watt was £30.
    I don't do soldering. No idea why, just never got round to learning.

Technologist
    Could you possibly link me to one? I'm just hoping my 24V 400W power supply can handle that and the system together.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthebest22 View Post
    Yeah I found the issue, cheap soldering iron not reaching 400C, also it's oxidized (black tip) and I didn't know how to clean it, basically improper soldering. Got a new 60W kit that'll go to 500C, and got flux and also cleaning sponge with it, so that should work..... If not, I might just get a wired silicone heated bed, stick it underneath the mk2a and call it that. like $200 overbudget now >.<
    If the tip goes black, you can sand it until you get to bright metal. (Let it cool first). Keep the sponge damp, and wipe the tip on it occasionally as you're soldering (this can be done when it's hot). Dip the hot tip in flux when it's clean and hot, and tin the tip with solder. For electronics, use the thin rosin-core solder that doesn't require extra flux. Heat the part you're soldering, and if it needs more solder, feed it into the junction between the tip and the hot metal part.

Technologist
    Yeah I did that after but the soldering iron can't reach 400 C really it's only 25 Watt which isn't enough. Yep the full kit is coming tomorrow with the flux and such, almost bought the wrong flux, almost bought the one for plumbing xD. Thanks aardvark, but oomph it's showing 88 bucks CAD for a 300mm one for me >.<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast