Close

What is the best way

Hi,

I am 3D graphic designer und create content in Realtime-3D.

For a customer I have create a 3D configurator like on the following website. Now I must print the configurator. What do I have to consider when modelling? Must be modeled differently when printing. In this case the object is not virtual but real.

Thanks.

Staff Engineer
    As I understand it, your "configurator" isn't a physical object, but a piece of software that resides on a website which allows potential customers to explore variations of a given product (your website isn't very specific about how it works). If that's correct, then this software isn't going to be something you can print. It may be possible to print out a sample of one of the products, but only if the configurator is actually making changes to 3D models in response to user commands. The most common format used by 3D printers is STL, which denotes the vertices of a polygon mesh which should have no holes in it. If your program generates meshes like that, printing them shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan22 View Post
    What do I have to consider when modelling? Must be modeled differently when printing.
    Is this configurator for printing objects with a certain technology/machine type or just for every 3D printer? Also what type of mock-up are in your configurator?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    pretty sure it was just a spam post, it doesn't make any sense

Staff Engineer
    Often people use Google Translate to make posts in "English", so the actual meaning is somewhat conjectural...