Close

Noob Needs Help With Possessed Micromake Clone

I purchased a used delta that's supposedly a Micromake "clone", or so the guy said.

I have had a cartesian (Tevo Tarantula) for about 6 months now and have it mastered. I am a total noob when it comes to deltas however, and this one is giving me fits. I've had it for 2 weeks and have had nothing but 100% fails on every print and I don't know why. I've literally taken it completely apart and re-assembled it numerous times and it still weirds out on me. Everything is as it should be physically. Nothing is too tight/loose or out of alignment.

It'll all of a sudden go off on its own path and start extruding filament everywhere but where it's supposed to and I can not track down the problem or reason why.

I do have the correct firmware installed, and as far as I know, the correct settings where they need to be in the configuration.h script.

I am at a loss. Any help/suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Nobody? Anybody?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that is weird.
    You printing from usb or an sd card ?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTurdley View Post
    It'll all of a sudden go off on its own path and start extruding filament everywhere but where it's supposed to and I can not track down the problem or reason why.
    I do have the correct firmware installed, and as far as I know, the correct settings where they need to be in the configuration.h script.
    I am at a loss. Any help/suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.
    This was happening on My 3D Printers, I shielded the Controller, rerouted cables and problem went away
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?30805-Hictop-3DP11-12-EFI-Problems

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that is weird.
    You printing from usb or an sd card ?
    SD card. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    This was happening on My 3D Printers, I shielded the Controller, rerouted cables and problem went away

The board is mounted where it's shown in all the documentation and assembly videos I've seen of this thing. I don't understand how things should all of a sudden be different now.

The only thing I did to it was make a new bracket to hold the RAMPS. That positioned it perhaps 3-5 millimeters higher than where it originally sat. The only thing it got "closer" to was the heatbed. I might could try shielding that with a piece of foil. I insulated it with a thick piece of cardboard so I do have a nice surface to attach the foil to.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Not saying this is your problem. Putting out Information so you can test and see if this problem exists. It sound so much like what happened to me.
    And was told to buy all sorts of parts to fix the problem only to find it was EFI. trying to save others money.

I understand, had my first 3D printer 6 months before experiencing troubles, and only after doing a simple modification. Thou did unwrap cable harness moving cabling to and SD cable happened to get too close to the Stepper drivers. Made a video Of 3D Printer errors then moved the wire stop erring.

2nd Printer started erring when I upgraded to Marlin thou not really a fair statement as I updated firmware and hardware the day I got the2nd Printer. I had firmware on 1st Printer already tested.

https://youtu.be/K-PwF8m13XE

Today I can anything without errors. If I remove the EFI Shield the errors begin as soon as I turn the Printer on and look at the directory for what to print.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-20-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Not saying this is your problem. Putting out Information so you can test and see if this problem exists. It sound so much like what happened to me.
    And was told to buy all sorts of parts to fix the problem only to find it was EFI. trying to save others money.

I understand, had my first 3D printer 6 months before experiencing troubles, and only after doing a simple modification. Thou did unwrap cable harness moving cabling to and SD cable happened to get too close to the Stepper drivers. Made a video Of 3D Printer errors then moved the wire stop erring.

2nd Printer started erring when I upgraded to Marlin thou not really a fair statement as I updated firmware and hardware the day I got the2nd Printer. I had firmware on 1st Printer already tested.

https://youtu.be/K-PwF8m13XE

Today I can anything without errors. If I remove the EFI Shield the errors begin as soon as I turn the Printer on and look at the directory for what to print.
    I extended the cables and isolated the controller away from the printer. No change. Issue still persists.

I ordered a new Mega and RAMPS from Amazon. If the issue still remains after I try those then I am over it. I won't sink any more money into this thing. I'll probably put it up for sale or convert it into a cartesian and see if it works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    I would try another SD card first.
    Nothing wrong with the card. It's a Lexar 4GB card that formats/reads/writes perfectly fine. Was tested on 2 Windows and 2 Linux boxes.

I do believe I have found the problem.

Ditched the firmware and replaced it with Repetier's firmware. On my second "test" print (20mm calibration cube) and it's looking good so far.

Have to get the Z0 set. Still a tad too high but other than that looking good.

I just got wood.