Close

High volume printing

I want to print 500-1000 small duplicate parts for a prototype I am working on. What options are out there to print in somewhat "high volume" besides the method of printing multiple parts on one build plate? Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Thanks for the comments.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Sure. Print four, or five, or ten at a time with a Hyrel.

Our Hydra 640 has a 600x400 build plate, and with two yokes, you can have ten heads printing in parallel (nozzles are 35mm apart).

What size are your parts?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    You can also buy a small desktop injection moulding unit that can use 3d printed moulds.
    Also theres a printer around with a conveyor belt that prints continuously till the batch is done.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    You can also buy a small desktop injection moulding unit that can use 3d printed moulds.
    Also theres a printer around with a conveyor belt that prints continuously till the batch is done.
    Can you tell me more about the conveyor belt idea?

Can you tell me more about the conveyor belt idea?

Student
    I have been printing runs around those quantities on the HP machine in one build. We are getting parts for a very reasonable cost and very quickly. The material we are using in PA12 nylon. I know this doesn't really apply to the 'home-printer', but more just a data point. Might be an option when needed.