Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nozzle hits print at around 25-30 %!!!

My nozzle hits the print after 25-30%,it prints up to there just fine.It doesn't hit the whole print just the high points.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    If your nozzle is hitting the print at that height I would say that your stepper motor is missing steps.
    This could be because the Z-Axis is to tight and binding between the smooth rods and Lead Screw,
    It could be because you have not adjusted the Z-Axis stepper motor current correctly.

It could be because the lead screws nuts were not seated squarely and binding.
    This happened on my 3D Printer with poorly 3D Printed parts from the Factory.
    I resorted to only using 2 of the 4 bolts on each so it would seat squarely until I could 3D Print a replacement.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-10-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcc1961 View Post
    My nozzle hits the print after 25-30%,it prints up to there just fine.It doesn't hit the whole print just the high points.
    Please attach image of partial print.

How do you post a pic?

I think I may have it fixed ,I made a new profile in cura and cut the flow down to 90% and kept the temp of the PLA at 200 degrees.I just finished my 2nd print with it and it looks pretty good.

My printer is a Anet A8 ,I have had a lot of problems but I guess you can expect that for a Chinese printer.The instructions were not up to date and I had to go between 3 different youtubers vids to get it all assembled.I could hardly believe it worked when I plugged it in.lol Thanks for the help!

Good going!!!!!

At least you got instructions, My first printer came missing the instructions alone with many parts. And lets not forget the defective parts.
    and I watched every you-tube video on my 3D Printer to get it assembled, well maybe not every video.
    After I found that One video I could understand stopped. And started assembling 3D Printer.

The stock one that came on it.

I went with the short round one on Thingiverse.The printer did just fine printing it.

Here is a vid of a bunch of different fan ducts. https://youtu.be/vedP3jhMpy4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast